Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

it would be nice of a GM would say they are looking into these accusations and no further spam threads will be necessary.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-17-2022, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it would be nice of a GM would say they are looking into these accusations and no further spam threads will be necessary.
Riot right now:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 02-17-2022, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Nice picture haha
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-18-2022, 01:09 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We've all seen the thread.

The only character actually proven to be scripting in that thread is a Riot officer named Kickenit.

Where is their raid ban for cheating?
I heard Takp is nice this time of year, if furor and detoxx where not banned from there, im sure vanq would be there. you guys can just create your own server like your test server and just give yourselves all BIS gear and handies. Hope this helps.
Old 02-18-2022, 06:19 AM
Sarnak

they're busy crushing your teeth in and opening your anus wide on blue tbf
Old 02-18-2022, 10:38 AM
VIP / Contributor

Scripting can't be tracked serversided with the amount of people clicking an item without a target, btw - unless P99 adds support for sending a server message when you click an item to Titanium like it is in later clients. The client is self-driven for messages sent to the server without a target. With a target, though, you'll be sending messages as long as you don't have a cast bar.

Though, I can't help but wonder if the issue isn't the fact that scripting FTE is possible, but the fact that such a system exists and is the primary means to compete - which is dependent on one player racing for a target, and not an entire guild.

It seems devoid of actual talent or skill when compared to TLP where open world content can be either instanced or DPS raced and is a consistent source of frustration for the staff of P99.

You might be thinking, "Well, just go play TLP, Secrets!" - and I think that's an unacceptable answer, as P99 is a more enjoyable and authentic leveling experience. This raid scene is just unacceptable.

I wish this community was open to instancing / open world hybrids like TLP servers do. It's the proper solution for the issue that allows all players to enjoy the game. Maybe Rogean would enjoy working on this server more if he didn't get threatened offline over guild drama constantly.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 02-18-2022, 10:53 AM
Banned

thanks for attending my elf Ted talk
(lol)
Old 02-18-2022, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scripting can't be tracked serversided with the amount of people clicking an item without a target, btw - unless P99 adds support for sending a server message when you click an item to Titanium like it is in later clients. The client is self-driven for messages sent to the server without a target. With a target, though, you'll be sending messages as long as you don't have a cast bar.

Though, I can't help but wonder if the issue isn't the fact that scripting FTE is possible, but the fact that such a system exists and is the primary means to compete - which is dependent on one player racing for a target, and not an entire guild.

It seems devoid of actual talent or skill when compared to TLP where open world content can be either instanced or DPS raced and is a consistent source of frustration for the staff of P99.

You might be thinking, "Well, just go play TLP, Secrets!" - and I think that's an unacceptable answer, as P99 is a more enjoyable and authentic leveling experience. This raid scene is just unacceptable.

I wish this community was open to instancing / open world hybrids like TLP servers do. It's the proper solution for the issue that allows all players to enjoy the game. Maybe Rogean would enjoy working on this server more if he didn't get threatened offline over guild drama constantly.
Why wouldn't we just ban people for making offline threats? It's beyond me how furoar and stunningly are still allowed to play and race for mobs. Maybe people are just hesitant to drop the hammer but most of the problems on this server come from a very small number of players.

I think the solution to the problem of racing is that, like you are saying, we need to encourage guilds to coordinate and engage as a team. People complain about rooted dragons because they don't like work. Going into the depths of tov is tough and while it's not classic in mechanic, it's far more classic in feel. I don't understand why this has to be a physical mechanic change. This could be accomplished at the policy level as well. Don't pull statue to wl zl, engage him on spawn. Don't train mobs out of the way and disrupt the zone etc. Etc etc
Old 02-18-2022, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm glad they have consistently ignored you then, instancing would be very damaging to Blue/Green.

It has never been proposed for the last 10 years and that's maybe why the server pops are so high and thriving (except for red, cause pvp in classic EQ is retarded), compared to TLPs who...keep dying one after another...
Old 02-18-2022, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad they have consistently ignored you then, instancing would be very damaging to Blue/Green.

It has never been proposed for the last 10 years and that's maybe why the server pops are so high and thriving (except for red, cause pvp in classic EQ is retarded), compared to TLPs who...keep dying one after another...

If by "very damaging" you mean preventing 90% of RNF threads from ever happening and allowing grown adults with families and jobs to enjoy P99 endgame without resorting to extreme degenerate behavior and cutting back on drama/workload for staff by probably 80%?

Yes I agree it would be "very damaging"
Closed Thread