Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 01:44 PM
Banned

I dont know what my issue with necro was, maybe just fear kiting forever then charming a bit. Efficient but its just a little boring, always dot damage, although it was a thrill to kill giants then halflings for plat without faction fears. Having a huge issue selling was always annoying to no end.

Monk is fun sort of because not many abilities which are nice to have. FD is great, but it also means you are the pulling guy. I have fun pulling but eventually like breaks you know D: Then I heard later on you stack resist gear and pray while doing large splits. Could be fun but is losing all the XP fun? I dont know.

I am thinking druid or shaman so I can either solo, run around fast, or kick back and support heal and if druid got too difficult to xp or group, port bot like people suggest I guess.

My enchanter is currently stuck at lvl 9. I should probably just bonechip or CB belt it up to get charm.

I have a week to think about it, EQ doesnt like my new processor and board so have some stuff incoming for dedicated p99 setup in the bathroom
Old 02-13-2017, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by teai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for dedicated p99 setup in the bathroom
really hope that was an autocorrect of bedroom...
Old 02-13-2017, 03:05 PM
Banned

How has no one recommended rogue?

Rogue is arguably the worst for soloing unless you learn how to ghost-step backstab. It has a lot of fun utility that the monk lacks, plus higher DPS. I felt about the same way as you towards monk - found rogue to be way more fun.

Then play enchanter for solo.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard! All of the utility, always wanted in groups, can pull well (if you enjoyed that aspect of the monk), fastest class in the game.

Only class I ever really leveled properly on both red and blue. Loads of kit, and if you can nail things like charm timers to minimize damage to you on charm breaks you'll go a long way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this
Old 02-13-2017, 04:39 PM
Banned

OP is going to hate bard because its melee is a tease

also - he was sick of pulling on monk at level 30. now bards gonna be under greater demand for pulls than evar
Old 02-13-2017, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I guess Rogue is only option for OP.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is going to hate bard because its melee is a tease

also - he was sick of pulling on monk at level 30. now bards gonna be under greater demand for pulls than evar
That was my thought as well. Rogue sounds like a good fit here.
Old 02-13-2017, 05:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by teai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont know what my issue with necro was, maybe just fear kiting forever then charming a bit. Efficient but its just a little boring, always dot damage, although it was a thrill to kill giants then halflings for plat without faction fears. Having a huge issue selling was always annoying to no end.
Spending time in mistmoore on my necro eventually made him completely ally to bards... to the point that I now purposely sell off most goods in the NFP bard guild for max faction boost.

Also, if you ever decide the WFP milita need to die, you can also make the NFP cleric and pally guilds a good vendor destination as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:05 PM
Banned

I tried bard and you do feel lazy if you do feel lazy if you aren't doing a ton of stuff. Its nice you CAN do a lot of different things, but it sucks your melee doesn't scale but I heard high level you can afk mana song.

Speed is nice, (I got to lvl 10 with mistmoore drums) but I dont know D: I've grouped with bards and its really nice with AOE mez and the buffs, but the keystrokes kind of blow

My issue with rogue is I would require Jboot or something, I do really hate moving slowly after having sow at lvl 30 on other chars
Old 02-13-2017, 07:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I tried bard and you do feel lazy if you do feel lazy if you aren't doing a ton of stuff. Its nice you CAN do a lot of different things, but it sucks your melee doesn't scale but I heard high level you can afk mana song.

Speed is nice, (I got to lvl 10 with mistmoore drums) but I dont know D: I've grouped with bards and its really nice with AOE mez and the buffs, but the keystrokes kind of blow

My issue with rogue is I would require Jboot or something, I do really hate moving slowly after having sow at lvl 30 on other chars
Ranger then? SoW at 30, which is pretty manageable. Good dps and has a solo option. They are asked to pull in outdoor zones, but it's way easier for them vs any other class, outdoors.

With regards to a bard, they are simply the most tediously busy class, even when played at a mediocre level. I can attest, no group really wants and AFK bard. While run speed is awesome, if you don't enjoy the rest of the gameplay then don't waste your time.