Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 05:34 PM
Planar Protector

If you find you enjoy levelling up and the 'strength' of your characters up to the 30s, perhaps just roll another character to take up to the 30s?

Enc and Shaman sound up your alley, probably shaman more as it responds well to twinking (which also sounds like it is your thing).
Old 02-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Banned

I have a 14 druid, Teai lol mt first char in p99. I got stuck at sisters camp in Lfay, I can hold it, but somehow druid just wasnt that fun? No idea, I finally got Sow, I just feel weak I guess and I hate soloing but that cash ;w;

Shaman sounds maybe more fun, I guess you get a specific tradeskill too. hopefully barbarians arent too screwed.

OK, I think I am going to get together a little 300plat starters kit and give it a shot.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

I know exactly how you feel. I am the king of alts and have so many alts it's... well it's just sad tbh. But I digress...

I have found enchanter most promising of all so far.

Powerful in groups, powerful solo. You can do so many types of groupings too, with smaller groups for instance duo with druids, shamans, etc.

Really, there's never a moment you find yourself unable to XP somewhere.

Shaman is similar in it's ceiling of overall power for soloing or grouping only it took a lot longer for the shaman to reach that place of power.

My shaman felt strong around 44 iirc, while my enchanter easily is quite powerful at 36. Also, shaman gives you a lot more things to work for regarding spells, gears etc.

Other than the immense cost of shaman gearing and spells, the other thing I don't care for as much is the constant canni/buffing of group, it gets old for me.

Chanter is much cheaper to gear and can be quite effective right out the gates with very little gearing needed.

The other class which I personally really love is druid. I enjoy the ports, you can make plats easily via porting, you can do quests easily by porting around gathering the items you need to MQ or farm for your other toons, you can also be a great buffer for lowbies that's always fun helping people...

The only issue with druid is around 35 I started to find myself not having a very defined role in groups.

Once I got to 50 on the druid it was really pronounced, and I just found soloing tons easier plus I could quad which is awesome! Then, around 53 I found it really hard to find mobs to quad and the XP sucked. And groups were very hard to get into.

I think once druid gets to 60, the doors open back up a bit for groupings and for a decent ceiling of power, but one thing is druids suck in dungeons as so many of their spells are most powerful outdoors.

Dungeon crawling on my 54 druid pretty much sucks.

My experiences are that of a fairly casual player that has millions of alts and not one 60.

Maybe my experiences are those you can relate to though, and perhaps I can save you the time of going through a million alts like I did to only come to the conclusion I have which is, enchanter, druid, shaman are the most fun for me, for the reasons I listed above.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

Bard! All of the utility, always wanted in groups, can pull well (if you enjoyed that aspect of the monk), fastest class in the game.

Only class I ever really leveled properly on both red and blue. Loads of kit, and if you can nail things like charm timers to minimize damage to you on charm breaks you'll go a long way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-09-2017, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard! All of the utility, always wanted in groups, can pull well (if you enjoyed that aspect of the monk), fastest class in the game.

Only class I ever really leveled properly on both red and blue. Loads of kit, and if you can nail things like charm timers to minimize damage to you on charm breaks you'll go a long way [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This class is really powerful has tons of utility, and I hate it.

I found myself tanking for groups, pulling for groups, CCing for groups, and feeling like no one appreciated any of it.

To get the most out of the class I had to twist songs, no less than 3 at all times or else I feel like I was slacking...

Other classes are so much easier and relaxing to play, not requiring the tedious fingerwork of using macro hotkeys to twist songs.

I recognize how great the bard is as a class but it takes a special kind of player to play it and play it well, all the time.

Just too nervewracking for my taste.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:49 PM
Fire Giant

Someone in the middle of burnout should not be trying to find the cure in leveling a shaman to 34.. just ick.

I'd recommend keeping the necro and monk.

Two 6/65 rings and a few stacks of bone chips is all the gear the necro needs.. So can put the money into the monk.

Monk gets FD and sneak, which never truly gets old. Monk is also great in a duo, trio, or full group. Nearly any group of 5 is happy to make a monk their 6th.

Learning to pull sucks, but its also the challenge of it all. You gotta see some amazing Reaver and moat trains before you figure out CoM. You see some of the goofy pathing in Karnors and SolA/B and hateplane etc... Embrace it, don't run from it. The paladin dies in almost all those pulling scenarios rather horribly.. The monk feigns and laughs at himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Fire Giant

I agree with Swish on a bard being a fun choice.

Go for the passive aggressive route though.

Level a cleric to 49. Then take the bard to Dreadlands. Murder everyone XPing on the wall. Swap to cleric. Res for plats. Swap back to bard.. Repeat.

You'll be rich in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by teai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a 14 druid, Teai lol mt first char in p99. I got stuck at sisters camp in Lfay, I can hold it, but somehow druid just wasnt that fun? No idea, I finally got Sow, I just feel weak I guess and I hate soloing but that cash ;w;

Shaman sounds maybe more fun, I guess you get a specific tradeskill too. hopefully barbarians arent too screwed.

OK, I think I am going to get together a little 300plat starters kit and give it a shot.
At 14 you can charm animals. Have you played with this yet?
Old 02-10-2017, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Don't understand why people don't want Paladins or Rangers in groups still. With the removal of class XP penalties, there's no reason to turn them away.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone in the middle of burnout should not be trying to find the cure in leveling a shaman to 34.. just ick.

I'd recommend keeping the necro and monk.

Two 6/65 rings and a few stacks of bone chips is all the gear the necro needs.. So can put the money into the monk.

Monk gets FD and sneak, which never truly gets old. Monk is also great in a duo, trio, or full group. Nearly any group of 5 is happy to make a monk their 6th.

Learning to pull sucks, but its also the challenge of it all. You gotta see some amazing Reaver and moat trains before you figure out CoM. You see some of the goofy pathing in Karnors and SolA/B and hateplane etc... Embrace it, don't run from it. The paladin dies in almost all those pulling scenarios rather horribly.. The monk feigns and laughs at himself.
I agree with this. Shaman before 34 is honestly pretty terrible, especially solo. If getting past the 30s is your problem that is a bad class to attempt it on. Enchanters have the same problem to a lesser extent.

Necro and monk are both great choices for what you are after.
Closed Thread