Jade Mace (9-18)
Off Hand
Stave of shielding (17/28)

I have FBSS so 21% haste. Thanks!

Lvl 20 currently, kind of regretting heading to unrest instead of soloing WW
Last edited by teai; 07-11-2016 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: added info
Old 07-11-2016, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

The WQS is a negligible edge in dps until next level when SoS mainhand + JM offhand will edge it out. JM mainhand + SoS offhand won't pass it up until 28 when damage bonus kicks in, but will be lagging behind SoS mainhand + JM offhand. JM as primary won't be better than SoS again until 58+
Old 07-11-2016, 04:38 PM
Banned

good idea to save up for SOS + SOS ? or just keep the combo for now
Old 07-14-2016, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by teai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good idea to save up for SOS + SOS ? or just keep the combo for now
Sure, it will be an improvement and last you pretty much forever ^^ current setup is by no stretch bad though ^^
Last edited by maskedmelon; 07-14-2016 at 09:32 AM..
Old 07-14-2016, 10:14 AM
Fire Giant

Just keep that JM & SOS and start the grind for resist bracelets now. You need resists to pull at the higher levels..
Old 07-14-2016, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The WQS is a negligible edge in dps until next level when SoS mainhand + JM offhand will edge it out. JM mainhand + SoS offhand won't pass it up until 28 when damage bonus kicks in, but will be lagging behind SoS mainhand + JM offhand. JM as primary won't be better than SoS again until 58+
Is there a spreadsheet or calculator you're using to conclude this that I can try out some other weapon combos with?
Old 07-14-2016, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollhide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a spreadsheet or calculator you're using to conclude this that I can try out some other weapon combos with?
I made a spreadsheet. What would you like to know? ^^
Old 07-14-2016, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 08-01-2016, 10:27 AM
Fire Giant

Is that spreadsheet working as expected? Trying to figure out the best weapon loadout for what I have available to me atm. I don't have a lot of plat so I currently have a JM and Trance Stick. My understanding is the better ratio weapon should go into OH and "faster" weapon in MH which would mean JM in OH and Trance in MH but when I plug in numbers for those weapons it seems to indicate the opposite unless I'm not understanding how the spreadsheet works (which is entirely possible). Also, there appears to be a circular dependency error for the 2h weapon on weapon set 2 which makes me wonder if the SS is set up correctly.

Trying to decide if I should buy another JM (I think this is the best weapon I can afford atm) or keep the JM/Trance stick until I can buy something better and if so which hand they should go in? I also have a Wu's Quivering Staff which looks to be a bit better than either (if I'm reading this spreadsheet properly and it's correct) but I'm unsure if the Trance stick smite dmg factors in enough to make a difference. Anyone have any input or thoughts?
Old 08-01-2016, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQBallzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that spreadsheet working as expected? Trying to figure out the best weapon loadout for what I have available to me atm. I don't have a lot of plat so I currently have a JM and Trance Stick. My understanding is the better ratio weapon should go into OH and "faster" weapon in MH which would mean JM in OH and Trance in MH but when I plug in numbers for those weapons it seems to indicate the opposite unless I'm not understanding how the spreadsheet works (which is entirely possible). Also, there appears to be a circular dependency error for the 2h weapon on weapon set 2 which makes me wonder if the SS is set up correctly.

Trying to decide if I should buy another JM (I think this is the best weapon I can afford atm) or keep the JM/Trance stick until I can buy something better and if so which hand they should go in? I also have a Wu's Quivering Staff which looks to be a bit better than either (if I'm reading this spreadsheet properly and it's correct) but I'm unsure if the Trance stick smite dmg factors in enough to make a difference. Anyone have any input or thoughts?
The better ratio weapon never goes into the offhand by default, if ever, and the faster weapon never goes into the primary by default.

The primary slot does receive more of a benefit from fast weapons due to the damage bonus at higher levels, but it doesn't automatically make a lower delay weapon better than a higher delay weapon.

The damage bonus on primary isn't even really big enough to warrant thinking about putting a worse ratio but faster weapon in the primary slot until the mid to late 50s. As evidenced by the fact that SoS is a better weapon than Jade Mace until that time as well.
Last edited by jolanar; 08-01-2016 at 10:43 AM..
Closed Thread