Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

also, if you are only taking toons to 30 don't bother getting them jboots that's sinking a lot of plat you can't liquidate. Sow pots are great.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:45 PM
Aviak

It sounds like you just don't like the mid levels regardless of the class. I've found that each character I've made and each play through I do, every class feels (for the most part) like a different game. Lots of classes don't really come into their own until the higher levels so try toughing it out. 1-50 doesn't take very long if you know where to group/solo.

If I were you, I'd branch out. There are a number of good spots to level in the 30s - and most people seem to stick to places like MM. The problem with MM is there are only two camps worth grouping in 32+, CE and CY. If those are full then you are fucked.

If I were you I'd keep playing the paladin since it sounds like you enjoy playing him and the real problem is finding a group. Check places like Sol A or Lower Guk or Cazic Thule, but they aren't usually good spots for pick up groups, so send tells and create groups. It usually makes for a good adventure. The Overthere can also be good xp or killing giants in WW or cougars in iceclad. Kedge Keep is another fun spot. Too often I see people standing at the zone and shout that they are lfg for 45 minutes and logging off. Grab some other brave souls and go find adventure!

Also, buy jboots or sow pots. A very worthwhile quality of life investment.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

It all depends how you want to play the game. Do you want to raid, group, solo? Farm plat, farm EC?

I think I had like 6 characters created with 2 level 50+ before my first level 60. Then I had another 50+ when the second hit 60. My bard started as a "ec mule" but I liked his skills/tools so I leveled up a bit for fun, then he was a Naggy/Vox alt at 52 for a bit but I thought bard was awesome so I finished up and went 52-60.

You can spend your time/energy in this game doing a lot of crazy stuff - I probably could have created a level 30+ alt in the time it took me to work on Tailoring. You could farm a peggy cloak for 10 hours straight for free levitation or get some levels on your alt in that time and just use the levitation spell? Some are obsessed with faction -- you could level a lot up in the time it takes to do faction. Some quests take HOURS on HOURS. So all I'm saying is do what's fun for you.

One tough thing about having many alts is your money is super spread out. If you could get some jboots + basic mana items on your necro you could get him to 50+ easy where you can farm solid plat camps and still get some good XP. Then you could funnel that big plat for items like fungi or high end haste to make leveling other chars more fun/easy.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

I like pre-50. Lots of us do. I like post 50 too, but it's definitely different.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by teai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...until I let my friend play on my account. He /petition and would wait for a GM Reponse then just spam Racial/Abuse stuff until he got my account banned.
If you call this guy a friend, I'd hate to see what it takes for you to call someone an enemy!

--------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by teai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nec
I rarely grouped with necro, but it was active, but never felt that amazing, and hit the issue of " Why am I grouping as a solo class? "

...I just want to feel powerful but not be stuck soloing you know?
If you want to group, then group. Any class that can solo decently will typically make experience more quickly alone; only the very best groups will exceed solo experience rates for the known solo powerhouse classes. The group classes are known as group classes specifically because they can't solo very well.

Danth
Old 02-14-2017, 06:43 PM
Banned

My big goals are

1. Experienced the content I never got to, so all content post 35
2. Be able to group or solo effectively, I guess that could be anything with enough twinking.

Are Jboots still 5k?
Old 02-14-2017, 06:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

I think I have about 30k if I sell off monk stuff
wish i had 30k and was considering myself new
Old 02-14-2017, 06:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wish i had 30k and was considering myself new
Well I got lucky on necro several times while leveling in warsilks woods with giant loot. the ONE time I was able to sell stuff constantly.

Also, I did halflings and guards from 29-34, but should have done treants I guess (never have done them before, Karanas are mystery to me)

I wonder why I ever left kunark. I think I was lonely ;w; Maybe I should have found a guild.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanter 100% man. Only class I didn't get bored of past 40, including my fungi epicd shaman which I quit around 50. Went straight to 60 with ease. It will suck until like 20 but then solo/duo/trio/ full group you're a beast and your pets only get more OP when the rest of melee classs are getting weaker relative to npcs. Bard and necro I played too but both pretty much weaker versions of enchanter. I will say that enchanter raiding sucks, but I'm assuming here you are referring to group content. There really is no class that is fun in all aspects of solo/group and raid content so you gotta figure out what you really want to do.

PM me on here if you want we can talk about an easy gear setup, super cheap, races, etc.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:30 PM
Sarnak

karanas are plagued right now. not sure if it makes a difference. personally im a casual player. i dont have the time for raids, although guild do offer more then raiding. I have been in some pretty funny conversations in guild chat before. i personally like to solo. I dont want to have someone rely on my ability to make sure they stay alive. if i die by my self and wasnt trained, i have no one to blame but my self, and i cant blame anyone else either. That is just my prefered play style. if i was playing back in 2001 to 2004 i had plenty of time to grow my neckbeard and raid.
Closed Thread