Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 11:42 PM
Planar Protector

Crescent not really worth the hassle with velious out. If you like stats go for bps stuff (you can resell when you upgrade,) plus there are good ac options available like drakkel wolfhide legs, azure sleeves, etc.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

I camped a full set of crescent at 37 and it was super fun, I recently just upgraded the last of my crescent with black pantherskin, ice burrower skin, some thurg quest pieces etc..

Point is crescent can last you from 30s to well into your 50s...you are better served spending your plat on Jboots, Haste etc...
Old 08-01-2016, 11:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I camped a full set of crescent at 37 and it was super fun, I recently just upgraded the last of my crescent with black pantherskin, ice burrower skin, some thurg quest pieces etc..

Point is crescent can last you from 30s to well into your 50s...you are better served spending your plat on Jboots, Haste etc...
My monk is 39. I also camped a full set of crescent (minus the shoes..they would never drop). I replaced the head piece with a black headband (questionably better but 0 weight). I'm using Wu's for feet and other slots that have no crescent pieces available. I also have a BPS cloak but that's my only BPS piece.

I see a lot of people suggesting BPS and the stats are nice but isn't BPS a bit heavy for lower levels? I have struggled a lot with weight so even if you had the plat for a full set of BPS (I don't) wouldn't that give you weight problems until you are higher level when the weight penalty isn't as severe?

I actually just managed to get a tink bag finally which allowed me to drop my light burlap sack (which weighs 3) and get my weight to 12 which gives me 5 stone leeway before weight penalty but that would be eaten up pretty fast with a full set of BPS I think or am I missing something?
Old 08-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQBallzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My monk is 39. I also camped a full set of crescent (minus the shoes..they would never drop). I replaced the head piece with a black headband (questionably better but 0 weight). I'm using Wu's for feet and other slots that have no crescent pieces available. I also have a BPS cloak but that's my only BPS piece.

I see a lot of people suggesting BPS and the stats are nice but isn't BPS a bit heavy for lower levels? I have struggled a lot with weight so even if you had the plat for a full set of BPS (I don't) wouldn't that give you weight problems until you are higher level when the weight penalty isn't as severe?

I actually just managed to get a tink bag finally which allowed me to drop my light burlap sack (which weighs 3) and get my weight to 12 which gives me 5 stone leeway before weight penalty but that would be eaten up pretty fast with a full set of BPS I think or am I missing something?
Most people agree don't worry about weight (within reason) at lower levels until your 40s when it starts to become more harsh of a penalty. Besides, BPS doesn't weigh that much and the ac/stat gains more than make up for it. The biggest issue is the cost. Not all of the BPS are good either. Some pieces flat out suck, other pieces are good but you can find better for lower cost.

I'd say it's a right of passage for a monk to go farm himself some Crescent gear, even if at the end of the day it's stats aren't really good at all. The AC is way too low for my taste and only 2 pieces have stats that are decent.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLGATETHEGRANDMASTER [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just focus on getting resist gear, a fungi tunic, a haste item, and your epic

afterward, dedicate your life to raiding if you want to progress any further

no other gear is worth any time investment
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread