Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-20-2017, 09:40 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Paladin holy forge disc

Hello I have used my holy forge disc going on 10 times fully shammy buffed on players and on undead mobs and yet to see a crit hit of any kind was wondering if its broken or what could some one look into this please! =P
Old 07-21-2017, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

As a player who got the disc as soon as it was added to p99 I can tell you from numerous usages over this almost two year period the proc rate is abysmal. I'm not sure if the really bad proc rate is classic or not because I haven't found much data but it is very lackluster. FYI, it works on all mobs, not just undead ones.

I have used it extensively in situations on raid mobs where I could melee, hasted, practically the entirety of the disc and generally see 2-4 crits when using a 2hander and 4-6 when using a 22 delay 1hander. If the data was listed out I'm sure there would be outliers, like a 2hander getting 7 crits or 1 as I can remember times it's happened.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 07-23-2017, 02:36 AM
Kobold

Can confirm, the proc rate is just abysmal. Holyforge is most useful as a timer for when Lay Hands will come back up =/
Old 07-23-2017, 09:13 PM
Developer

Corrected casting animation to a Cheer instead of getting hit.

Added missing spell animation w/ skulls around caster.

Looking into the other error...
Old 07-24-2017, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Corrected casting animation to a Cheer instead of getting hit.

Added missing spell animation w/ skulls around caster.

Looking into the other error...
yesssssss
Old 07-24-2017, 05:33 PM
Kobold

Wait, is holyforge about to become actually useful?
Old 08-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Sarnak

Rarely Crits, something is up with this as I remember it critting a lot more when raiding hate on live, this was pre-Luclin before AAs.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:44 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dildy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rarely Crits, something is up with this as I remember it critting a lot more when raiding hate on live, this was pre-Luclin before AAs.
The damage mod vs undead effect is currently broken, but it wasn't always so I am reaching out to other devs for ideas at the moment.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The damage mod vs undead effect is currently broken, but it wasn't always so I am reaching out to other devs for ideas at the moment.
Also, on 12/06/2000: "Several disciplines have been upgraded (Resistant, Trueshot, Unholy Aura, HolyForge) have been upgraded. Please read the updated EQManual_Supplement.doc (or .txt) in your Everquest Directory."

Additionally, on 12/19/2000: "The Paladin "Holy Forge" discipline will now give Paladins triple the normal chance of scoring a critical hit. Each critical hit has a percent chance to be scored as a critical blow."

I'm sure these patch notes have been looked at by a lot of people, but always good to take a second look. I wish I could read the EQManual_Supplement.doc at that time, I'm sure it would explain it a lot more detail. Anyone have any idea if that could possibly be recovered?
Old 08-07-2017, 10:01 PM
Sarnak

Reading the EQ Titanium EQManual_supplement it states: "Critical hits and Crippling Blows versus undead with an increased probability of going off. The discipline lasts 2 minutes, and has a base reuse time of 72 minutes.

Holy forge was then changed to 5 minutes from 2 on Jan 9, 2001.