Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Large Rat

Default Old School Inny players

I played on Inny as Unfetered One the Half Elf rogue from release until PoP came out. I left at PoP as the game I knew and loved was forever destroyed as I feel it peaked with Velious.
So I discover Project 99 and well its time to don my dirk and chain coif once again and venture back out into that wonderful unsullied land. I am wondering if there are any ex Inny players out there, and which 99 server should I go for? Blue or PvP?
Old 02-22-2015, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

I played on Innoruuk the same time you did. I also quit around Planes of Power! I think I stuck it out for awhile in PoP though. I was with Legion of Darkness waaay back. I think that's their name? Smaller guild. Funny enough it was like a Asian guild, so I remember raiding at like 4am.

Good times. The addiction was real.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Aviak

I played on Innoruuk from like september/october 01 to september/october 04. I was in a guild called Legion of Darkness too, may have been totally different though (joined them in 03 or 04). I never liked PVP so Red isnt for me, but it does have its perks like the exp bonus.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:42 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I was one of the original Innoruuk crew, although I didn't start for about a month after the game released.

My main was Elycion Bladesong, a wood elf ranger. I stayed guildless until after I hit 50, but after a while with nothing to do at max level I got back in touch with a friend I'd made while leveling in Blackburrow and joined his guild The Pantheon. There were some very good years of playing and raiding with The Pantheon until that guild eventually fell apart in the mid-Velious era (largely because the guild leader went to work for SoE and couldn't really play much anymore.)

After leaving The Pantheon I joined Ashen Vendetta and raided with them for a few more years until that guild collapsed under the massive weight of fail that was the Gates of Discord expansion. This led to me moving with a few other guildmates to join Blades of Wrath on the Torvonnilous server, but that didn't end up being a very good fit and I eventually gave up and left the game in early 2005.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:56 PM
Aviak

Besides SR I don't recall a lot of other guild surviving GoD/OoW.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

There is an interesting story regarding Gates of Discord launch and the fall of AV and LoD which resulted in most of those 2 guilds either joining SR, quitting the game, or transferring to another server.

Basically, the only guild progressing in GoD was SR and all of the big 3 (SR, AV, and LoD) had a bunch of people who would only show up to loot PoTime once a week (read: dead weight). A few of us tried to form a super guild from the core of each guild.

The effective leader of LoD at the time (who was/is TMO here) delayed the idea too long, and the GL of AV found out and booted Lhile and Koramar who were 'representing' the AV core. This resulted in all the LoD/AV people jumping ship to SR.

Not to say that's the entire story, but it's fun to revisit these things.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:06 PM
Sarnak

Long time Innoruuk player here. Played main dark elf rogue, Staelth D`Shiv. Was in some raid guilds including: Dawn of the Phoenix, Silent Justice, and The Defiant. Now I play a dark elf SK who leads a small guild on blue that no ones ever heard of, mostly my RL friends: Guardians of the Dome. Currently level 33 enjoying dungeon crawls on the regular.

I doubt I will ever be part of the raid scene here, as sweet brown put it "ain't nobody got time for that".
Good to see some other Inny peeps find out about project 99, it is great to re-live this stuff all over again!

Pretty sure I remember you, part of the rogue circle and all, tons of rogues in the community that I would talk to pretty often. Names I remember: Balandrus (DE rogue brothah), Kremmit (Gnome rog guildy), Unbidden (Barby euro-rogue guildy), Kanuuven (DE rogue guildy)

I later played an SK on live and fell in love with the class. Hope ya play blue!
Old 02-24-2015, 10:16 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is an interesting story regarding Gates of Discord launch and the fall of AV and LoD which resulted in most of those 2 guilds either joining SR, quitting the game, or transferring to another server.

Basically, the only guild progressing in GoD was SR and all of the big 3 (SR, AV, and LoD) had a bunch of people who would only show up to loot PoTime once a week (read: dead weight). A few of us tried to form a super guild from the core of each guild.

The effective leader of LoD at the time (who was/is TMO here) delayed the idea too long, and the GL of AV found out and booted Lhile and Koramar who were 'representing' the AV core. This resulted in all the LoD/AV people jumping ship to SR.

Not to say that's the entire story, but it's fun to revisit these things.
Who from LoD is in The Mystic Order? I think Janakin was the guild leader when I joined LoD but he wasn't playing all that much. I remember a lot of the other core guys like Meadbh, Samira, Oderry, Thand.
Last edited by joedirt87; 02-24-2015 at 10:21 AM..
Old 02-24-2015, 05:36 PM
Kobold

I'm not sure if I qualify. Although I had alts scattered all around, I didn't pick up stakes and move most everything from Bertox to Innoruuk until 2003 or so when I discovered I had some local friends who had been playing there since the start. Innoruuk really wound up feeling more like home and Blue Moon was my best guild experience, despite or perhaps because of a complete lack of raiding. I've tried to entice some of my Blue Moon pals back to here but the interest has only been very occasional. I wasn't sorry to leave the game in 2005 but I was sorry to leave a fun guild and a welcoming server.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:27 AM
Orc

Played on Innoruuk from about 2000 to 2004. Zalus was in Crimson Snow for a while before leaving EQ. Usually I just played with friends and family.
Closed Thread