Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 11:50 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Question Coming home...

Hi all,
I am an original player from way back when EQ first came out. I left for awhile and then went back only to find the faydark deserted, Castle Crushbone empty cept for me and the orcs and even The tunnel by the common lands empty. I ended up playing enough to get a kill on Nagafen, just once so I could say I did it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and then left again disheartened that nothing was left but power ganmers and l33t guilds. I barely ran into another player on a server with thousands of players on it.

What I see here gives me hope. For those of you around when it began...Is this really like that? Can a guy get a group? Is the sense of community back? I still have my old disk and am considerring figuring out how to start this up again. I could even drag the girlfriend into it if it really was fun again. I appreciate the intorspective. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Orc

If you played in the original days, just start playing here you'll love it.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:02 AM
Fire Giant

It is very very similar..but one can never recapture that first moment of zoning out of Kaladim and into Butcherblock mountains.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:46 AM
Fire Giant

Theres always people in gfay and crushbone and many other places. Theres a lot of other newbies and a lot of groups going. Maybe more in the kunark areas right now, cause kunark just opened.

But you need the titanium edition to play.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:51 AM
Fire Giant

yep its as close as it could be [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

btw you need Titanium installer even though this is a classic server its designed to use the files from Titanium.. So your classic disc wont work unfortunately. There are many ways to get Titanium.

As far as setup, check out my signature, that little All in One installer can get you on your way in a few clicks. No manual work necessary.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:24 AM
Sarnak

Hey there!

I think you will like it here, with the recent launch of Kunark things are in full swing. Groups are around you just have to know where to look, or become good at sending out tells and starting groups. Right now any low to mid level Kunark zone is likely packed with fellow adventurers looking to group together.

Don't be fooled this community is pretty small and tight but the high end game is what I would roughly estimate 50% of the players are in for. With that said there is still plenty of players to fill in the gaps, and most people are fairly helpful and willing to interact.

I am glad you found p1999 it has been my PC gaming salvation as Everquest is really the only MMO I enjoy (especially the first three expansions). There are plenty of guides on how to get set up and started. You need to make sure you have the Everquest Titanium install I'm sure you won't have too much trouble finding the old discs if you look hard enough. Make sure you follow the getting started guide and update all the necessary files especially the spell updates. There is an app I think Crushev mentioned called "Duxa's Installer" or whatever its pretty nifty especially if you are having multicore issues and what not.

Best of luck on your adventure!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Kobold

I was in CB last night and there were 25 people in there with groups bitching and moaning as to who had the wall and who had the pit and who could pull from where. GFay typically has 30 or so folks in peak hours (evening EDT). Have had absolutely zero problems getting groups, and pop over to EC and the tunnel has 100 people spamming OOC selling. It's so much like 1999 EQ it's weird.

Well actually it's much better. Back then half the people were complete noobs, basically everyone I run into here had high level characters on original EQ and know exactly how to play their characters.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

You will love it here! Get it setup and start playing!
Daire 2011-02-26 18:50:55 Dropped Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Amapolo 2011-02-26 18:51:29 Picked Up Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Old 03-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is very very similar..but one can never recapture that first moment of zoning out of Kaladim and into Butcherblock mountains.
EWW!

edit: j/k I love dwarfs and I love Hobby.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So true.

For me it was zoning into Greater Fay from Felwithe.
Closed Thread