Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 04-21-2023, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Snare totally gets modded. It's most obvious when you ae indoors and mess up by hitting the ae snare with a horn on.
Ah fair. Tbh I just can’t recall using the aoe snare and the few times I fear-kited with the lute out using Constant Chain it’s worked well enough.
Old 04-21-2023, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic sites have indicated that the string modifier had no discernable effect on lull in terms of radius or resist rate.
I could be definitely be wrong but whilst leveling up I could single pull mobs that were super close together using a lute, when I tried without the lute I'd get adds.

I suppose it could've been just luck with server ticks and proxy aggro checks.
Old 04-26-2023, 09:07 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you root a moving mob you have to take a round of melee to get it recognized as stationary (p99 bug). I haven't checked for that bug on feared mobs; it would be worth checking yourself if you are going to do a lot of fearing.
I thought that too for a while, but it's actually enough to go a bit sideways for the mob to change it's direction and the game will register it as rooted --> give full DoT damage. No need to get slapped .
Old 04-27-2023, 04:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could be definitely be wrong but whilst leveling up I could single pull mobs that were super close together using a lute, when I tried without the lute I'd get adds.

I suppose it could've been just luck with server ticks and proxy aggro checks.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That said, I haven't tested recently and things may have been changed since the kanras post, given that it was made over a decade ago, but if so I haven't seen any posts about those changes.
Old 04-29-2023, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That said, I haven't tested recently and things may have been changed since the kanras post, given that it was made over a decade ago, but if so I haven't seen any posts about those changes.
Well now.. that almost makes me wanna log on the bard to check.
Old 06-21-2023, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Classic sites have indicated that the string modifier had no discernable effect on lull in terms of radius or resist rate.
So it turns out this may only be half true, though more sources are needed obviously.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010208...ngs/Song08.htm

Quote:
KELIN'S LUGUBRIOUS LAMENT
Level: 8

Strategies:

[Daniel] Using a string instrument makes the aggro range even smaller then when sung.

[Gendal] Since this song it string based, using a string instrument greatly increases it's effectiveness. Gendal also reports that at level 50 this song will make you the puller extraordinaire for breaking the spawn on difficult rooms that would normally take 2 parties to break.