Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 11:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At 20 weeks after genetic testing shows you you will be bankrupt, your kid will suffer, and your other children will as well because the demand it places on you as a parent to raise the third, not murder. It’s also none of your business or anyone else’s
I agree that I don’t see it the same as murder

I’ve said it before here that a human being is the smartest life on earth, in addition to being a collection of 40 trillion cells. It is also a once in a 10 billion year phenomenon on the one planet we know about in existence that can support life. Your parents can have another kid, but there can never be another you

That makes every human sort of like a miracle. If the kid and parent will suffer, the parent can always give the kid up. The earlier they do so, the more likely the child is to be adopted or fostered

I personally pause rarely and offer humility to God or whatever created existence, that I was given a chance to exist and not aborted

But that’s my .02
Old 04-28-2022, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve said it before here that a human being is the smartest life on earth, in addition to being a collection of 40 trillion cells.
How many trillion cells is a butthole shrimp? Apply scrutiny for scale.
Old 04-28-2022, 11:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many trillion cells is a butthole shrimp? Apply scrutiny for scale.
It’s about what it becomes, you snuffed that amazing thing out of existence. And it was programmed to develop. It doesn’t have the capacity to “want” yet but between developing or dying it is programmed to go one direction, barring some horrible genetic flaw
Old 04-28-2022, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s about what it becomes, you snuffed that amazing thing out of existence. And it was programmed to develop. It doesn’t have the capacity to “want” yet but between developing or dying it is programmed to go one direction, barring some horrible genetic flaw
That's not a number. Answer with a number.
Old 04-28-2022, 11:58 PM
Banned

When we consider a death, the emotional reaction to it is based somewhat on the loss of potential, right?

For example, we tend to feel much more sad for 2 year old dying than a 96 year old. The 2year old has a brain that feels, but none of us can remember when we were two. But most importantly their entire life was stolen from them by death

The 96 year old had their time, and so we don’t feel as bad. There isn’t such a loss of potential life experiences

I dunno, it just seems weird that our emotional empathy grows backwards from 99 but shrinks quite a bit at x weeks old in utero or w/e. It’s still there, but greatly lessened for most
Old 04-29-2022, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
When we consider a death, the emotional reaction to it is based somewhat on the loss of potential, right?

For example, we tend to feel much more sad for 2 year old dying than a 96 year old. The 2year old has a brain that feels, but none of us can remember when we were two. But most importantly their entire life was stolen from them by death

The 96 year old had their time, and so we don’t feel as bad. There isn’t such a loss of potential life experiences

I dunno, it just seems weird that our emotional empathy grows backwards from 99 but shrinks quite a bit at x weeks old in utero or w/e. It’s still there, but greatly lessened for most
Okay there's numbers in there but not the number I asked you for. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2022, 12:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay there's numbers in there but not the number I asked you for. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe instead I’ll just answer with a question and an emoticon and pretend it’s a gotcha? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you’re too dumb to understand the point and want to pretend that splitting hairs is some kind of a win, go right ahead

I still feel the same way. 40 trillion cell potential
Old 04-29-2022, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Maybe instead I’ll just answer with a question and an emoticon and pretend it’s a gotcha? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you’re too dumb to understand the point and want to pretend that splitting hairs is some kind of a win, go right ahead

I still feel the same way. 40 trillion cell potential
How is it a gotcha if you're responding to, but not answering, the question I asked you?

Fuck you.
Old 04-29-2022, 12:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
How is it a gotcha if you're responding to, but not answering, the question I asked you?

Fuck you.
Sorry for calling you dumb, that’s not true. But your arguing style is frustrating

If we’re going to split hairs, let’s mention how a tumor wants to develop too, a fetus is really just a primordial gloop of cells, it’s sort of behaves like a parasite, and sometimes it kills the host and itself coming out

Doesn’t sound so majestic now
Old 04-29-2022, 12:27 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Sorry for calling you dumb, that’s not true. But your arguing style is frustrating

If we’re going to split hairs, let’s mention how a tumor wants to develop too, a fetus is really just a primordial gloop of cells, it’s sort of behaves like a parasite, and sometimes it kills the host and itself coming out

Doesn’t sound so majestic now
Ok squash it
Closed Thread