Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-25-2023, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m skeptical of this as well and definitely don’t think a child should undergo permanent physical changes before their brain is developed (aka, become an adult) but is this really such a huge problem? And if it is, why isn’t George Santos, the only drag queen in Congress, being asked to resign?

I don’t understand the selective outrage on these topics
The numbers have gone way up, especially amongst the youth, but it is still very uncommon as a whole

The concern is, how common would the left like it to be? Just like with immigration, could they assign a cap? Not without huge blowback from their own party

If the assumption is “we wouldn’t care if it was everywhere” that’s a bit concerning considering to my knowledge the process of medical affirmation means sterilization
Last edited by unsunghero; 03-25-2023 at 10:20 PM..
Old 03-25-2023, 10:24 PM
Banned

^
And if we’re going to encourage mass sterilization, I’d say we do it the way this person does. And apparently she gets secret donations from very wealthy people
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 65AD76AD-DB3C-462A-B167-EFCD6312845B.jpg (20.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-25-2023, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Unhappy

You would not believe the red tape required for a person to obtain a hysterectomy. It is outrageous, and likely to get worse now that the government has set a precedent for threatening doctors and other healthcare workers if they practice evidence-based healthcare in opposition to whatever religious insanity they are basing their laws on.
Old 03-25-2023, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

Again, I’m against it, I just don’t trust the party of George Santos when they say they are concerned. These things can be on ballot initiatives in most states (sadly, not Texas), doesn’t require me to vote for the people who embrace drag Queen George santos while telling me they are the moral majority and hate drag queens. I believe less and little that any politician tells me as they seek authoritarian power and expansion of state control. Sadly, the GOP is all about state power now that they’ve found winning issues like this one

Some of us are more libertarian and concerned with the rights of the individual. But sure, fhe GOP is more rigjt than Dems on this one. That isn’t saying much
Old 03-25-2023, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You would not believe the red tape required for a person to obtain a hysterectomy. It is outrageous, and likely to get worse now that the government has set a precedent for threatening doctors and other healthcare workers if they practice evidence-based healthcare in opposition to whatever religious insanity they are basing their laws on.
So we have evidence of long term quality of life outcomes for gender affirming healthcare? That seems odd because it as a concept is relatively new

I still hold out hope that the majority of adults get a quality of life improvement from it, because people that don’t get no support from either political party at that point compounded on whatever permanent medical issues they developed as a result. So high risk, high reward
Old 03-25-2023, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ this is not a shit post

as far as P99 forum posters go, you are one of the most whacko

for no other fact that you actually mean the shit you say
Old 03-25-2023, 10:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ this is not a shit post

as far as P99 forum posters go, you are one of the most whacko

for no other fact that you actually mean the shit you say
There are studies with small sample sizes that show people surveying being satisfied with gender affirming medical treatment….many of which are less than a year to a year later

Now 5 years later. 10 years. 20 years. Etc, that we probably lack. And that shit matters, especially when discussing the outcomes for kids who want to do it
Old 03-25-2023, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So we have evidence of long term quality of life outcomes for gender affirming healthcare? That seems odd because it as a concept is relatively new

I still hold out hope that the majority of adults get a quality of life improvement from it, because people that don’t get no support from either political party at that point compounded on whatever permanent medical issues they developed as a result. So high risk, high reward
Why are you talking about trans people now? Sorry I haven't followed this sad thread; I just saw that pic you posted of some lady supposedly paying for addicts to get hysterectomies. That's what I was responding to.
Old 03-25-2023, 10:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why are you talking about trans people now? Sorry I haven't followed this sad thread; I just saw that pic you posted of some lady supposedly paying for addicts to get hysterectomies. That's what I was responding to.
Ohhh my bad yo. Disregard
Old 03-25-2023, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are studies with small sample sizes that show people surveying being satisfied with gender affirming medical treatment….many of which are less than a year to a year later

Now 5 years later. 10 years. 20 years. Etc, that we probably lack. And that shit matters, especially when discussing the outcomes for kids who want to do it
same for the covid vax. 5-10 years from 2020 if its still a concern i'll probably take the vax then.

I do appreciate all of you sheep who volunteered to be genetic manipulation guinea pigs tho, but so far I'd recommend you all take a baby aspirin daily.