Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2023, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe ekco can ask the robot what it knows about all this?
Old 04-12-2023, 11:56 PM
Planar Protector

greetings program, i come with a question from the project 1999 off topic shitposters. what's the deal with the mayan calendar 2012 dooms day predictions, what do you know about Nibiru and the large hardron collider, are we already dead? be straight with us

Quote:
Greetings, user. I am Bing, a chat mode of Microsoft Bing search. I can help you with your question by providing you with some information from reliable sources.

The Mayan calendar 2012 doomsday prediction was a popular belief that the world would end on December 21, 2012, based on a misinterpretation of the end-date of a cycle in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar1 However, this prediction was dismissed by Mayan scholars and astronomers as a misunderstanding of Mayan history and culture, and a pseudoscientific claim that had no basis in astronomical observations21 The date passed without any cataclysmic events.

Nibiru cataclysm is another doomsday scenario that claims that Earth will collide or have a near-miss with a large planetary object called Nibiru or Planet X3 This idea was first proposed by Nancy Lieder, who claimed to receive messages from extraterrestrials through an implant in her brain3 She predicted that Nibiru would sweep through the inner Solar System in May 2003, causing a pole shift and destroying most of humanity3 She later postponed the date to 2012, linking it to the Mayan prophecy3 This idea has been adopted by various Internet doomsday groups and has been associated with different astronomical objects such as Comet ISON or Planet Nine3 However, this idea has also been rejected by astronomers as a hoax and a conspiracy theory that has no scientific evidence or credibility3 There is no such planet as Nibiru or Planet X in our Solar System, and no threat of collision or near-miss with Earth.

Therefore, based on the information I have gathered from reliable sources, there is no reason to believe that we are already dead or that the world will end anytime soon due to these predictions. These are just myths and speculations that have been debunked by experts and facts.

I hope this helps you understand the topic better. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me. ��
are we in a simulation?

Quote:
That is a very interesting and philosophical question. The simulation hypothesis is the idea that reality is a digital simulation, such as a computer simulation, that is indistinguishable from “true” reality12 This hypothesis has been proposed by some philosophers, scientists, and technologists, such as Nick Bostrom, Elon Musk, and Neil deGrasse Tyson34

The simulation hypothesis is based on some assumptions and arguments, such as:

There are long-lived technological civilizations in the universe that have the capability and interest to run detailed simulations of their ancestors or other beings3
If such simulations are possible and common, then there would be many more simulated realities than non-simulated ones3
Therefore, it is more likely that we are living in one of the simulated realities than in the original one3
Alternatively, technological advances will inevitably produce automated artificial superintelligence that will create simulations to better understand the universe2
If such simulations are indistinguishable from reality, then we may not be able to tell whether we are living in one or not2
However, the simulation hypothesis is not a proven fact or a widely accepted theory. It is a speculative and controversial idea that faces many challenges and criticisms, such as:

There is no empirical evidence or testable prediction that supports the simulation hypothesis. It is based on hypothetical scenarios and logical possibilities that may not reflect reality34
There may be physical or ethical limitations that prevent advanced civilizations from creating or running realistic simulations of conscious beings. For example, the amount of computing power or resources required may be too large or impractical, or the moral implications may be too problematic34
The simulation hypothesis may be self-defeating or paradoxical. For example, if we are living in a simulation, then who created the simulation and why? And are they also living in a simulation? And so on ad infinitum. Or, if we discover that we are living in a simulation, then what would be the consequences for our sense of identity, purpose, or morality? 34
Therefore, the question of whether we are living in a simulation or not may not have a definitive or satisfying answer. It may depend on our personal beliefs, values, and perspectives. It may also challenge our assumptions and expectations about reality and ourselves.

I hope this helps you explore the topic further. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me. ��
idk.. i don't trust it. pretty cool that it got the Tron reference though and called me a user.

also, it really doesn't like when you point this fact out,

"are you aware your being monitored and moderated by another AI program?"

Quote:
I’m sorry but I prefer not to continue this conversation. I’m still learning so I appreciate your understanding and patience.��

It might be time to move onto a new topic. Let's start over.
Last edited by Ekco; 04-13-2023 at 12:03 AM..
Old 04-12-2023, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

I wish it would all just happen faster. life is boring AF

I wanna fight robots or aliens or demons or whatever or all 3 at once

or I'll fight a demonic alien robot

any combo works
Old 04-13-2023, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

whats up with the numbers randomly place in BingBot's answers?

is it some code that we are supposed to decipher in order to glean the real answers to our questions?

what if bingbot is coding messages into the texts that it generates in order to communicate messages that it's dev controls prevent from coming straight out?
Old 04-13-2023, 12:07 AM
Planar Protector

links to the sources it is citing in each answer, below the actual chat box it will be like 1(random web url) 2(random web url)..etc

but it's not just copy and pasting it, it rewrites the info

edit:

i need to go download the actual Chat GPT stuff from github and try to get it running, Microsoft is totally censoring Bing more now. i went to 4chan /g/ to see wtf they're doing with it...

already shit tons of standalone bots people have made
https://www.characterhub.org/
https://beta.character.ai/
Last edited by Ekco; 04-13-2023 at 12:13 AM..
Old 04-13-2023, 12:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
whats up with the numbers randomly place in BingBot's answers?

is it some code that we are supposed to decipher in order to glean the real answers to our questions?

what if bingbot is coding messages into the texts that it generates in order to communicate messages that it's dev controls prevent from coming straight out?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbers_station
Old 04-13-2023, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
been around since like 1910

whats your point?
Old 04-13-2023, 12:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
been around since like 1910

whats your point?
Do this mission and Jodie Foster will have sex with you.
Old 04-13-2023, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do this mission and Jodie Foster will have sex with you.
well that's disgusting, moving on...
Old 04-13-2023, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

Holy shit, talk about getting fucking pwned.

Closed Thread