Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 02:07 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zithax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gonna have to agree with dabamf. If I ever have any spare items I give them away, and I'm always polite to people asking me tips about monks or noobies in general -- although sometimes I may be in tell hell and take a bit to answer them, but I always try to.
This is true. I had a conversation with him the other day, and at the end he gave me 200pp for no reason and now I don't have to worry about spell money for awhile. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-31-2009, 02:27 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which is my biggest beef with WoW. It's boring when everyone is the same. Everyone can have everything because whatever you want is contained within an instance made just for you. It's just all handed to you.

WoW is like a whore that will blow you and all your friends, no questions asked. At first you're like, "Radtastic! Free head!" But then you start to realize that this whore's blowjobs mean nothing, because everyone gets them.

EQ, particularly this old school incarnation, requires you to beat up the whore first.

So obviously, it is much more gratifying to beat up a whore and get a blowjob than it is to just get free head, because there is really no greater thrill than kicking a prostitute in the vagina.
I like you.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribanox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I was totally pumped to play classic eq again, but 15 lvls into the ranger class, for some reason I'm just not enjoying it. Maybe WOW has ruined me, or maybe it's the drama here. I just don't remember eq being so full of eliteism and self entitlement. Yea there are people out there who help others but most are just in this rat race to 50 , with all the limited resources in this game it gets quite frustrating.

I'd rather have the anti social community of WoW sometimes than deal with people camping all the named mobs in one dungeon, or play a game where melée classes have nothing and are basically unable to get anything. I never really noticed back in the day how casters have basically everything and melée have nothing.

Thus isn't a I'm quitting speech or anythig, but for some fucked up reason, playing on this server has made my appreciation for Wow grow :/. I feel like I have an even chance for my character to grow unlike in eq. Sure if I has time to play in a top raiding guild things would be different, or if I played a druid, but I can't and don't, so ill probably never get rich and I'll be scraping by in EQ until 50 and I guess I just don't have the time or patience to anymore. I even did 5-10 HUGE cr's since I've played here, so it's not I'm being a big baby and shit about how hard eq is, it's just totally unfair.

Anyway if you took time to read this you must have too much time on yours hands, and need to get back to your job! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have had the exact opposite experience in game, its been lots of fun, meeting lots of cool people, and having a blast.
About having melees having nothing and casters having everything, I suspect there's a balancing issue that needs to be dealt with but I don't have anything to back that up and I am too lazy to dig up any facts. I don't feel underpowered when looking just at myself, when compared to a mage yeah but not by myself.
Myself though, I have full patchwork leather, a dragoon dirk(passing druid killed dvinn) and a box of abu-kar(got off of a corpse in BB where a druid was camping guards) 90pp, and a bank full of foraged foods, pelts, and smithing stuff. and I have been working on tailoring and smithing tradeskills.(both about 30)

As for the drama though, I have wondered as a new player if there really is GM corruption and exploiting going on at the raid level. I think either bad GMs/guilds need to be dealt with or trolls lying on the forums need to be dealt with. its bad for the server to just let it go. As for ingame drama, I haven't experienced any between level 1-13 so far so I am taking the forum drama with a grain of salt.

That's a summary of my experience so far.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:27 PM
Orc

Nothing wrong with a ranger. At least they are decent dps, especially later on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Game is full of SK which will be reduced to a no-dps neat-to-have-when-the-monk-is-afk puller. This said, I play one myself since they are fun.

I see your point but you just have to make your own impact. A mob is free untill its pulled. So go contest the necro camping deadside lower guk. Snag his named and make him share. Sure he will be pissed, but there are no camps in EQ right?

This is really fun for me but its alot easier than original EQ. Tons of small changes makes it easier, especially on the cash side. PP is ALOT easier to come by than it used to be, especially early on. Stuff sells for more, cracked staff actually drop while worn great staff is rare ect.

People been nice to me and I fail to see the drama, there is a carebear rotation here.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Skeleton

I beat EQ.
Server first.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Sarnak

Oh man it'd be great to see a Ranger run up and try to steal a named mob in Lower Guk from a Necro! Hah
Old 01-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Orc

Well if he's holding more or less all of deadside. You could be able to snag a named or a camp from him. Not talking about KS'ing.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:08 AM
Sarnak

tl;dr / QQ post ahead.

To be honest, also not enjoying it lately in the last week or so.

Groups have been kind of weird the last few times I've logged on. /o warrior LFG for hours on end with no bites.

Seems like at 40+ not many people want to grind experience especially with a melee, it's all just a farm fest. Not that people have to group with anyone or share anything (I wouldn't be surprised if someone still flamed me for this).

It was like that on live on my server too. In fact you could walk from the zone in to lord and not see any mobs other than the frog slaves. The main difference is that people were still trying to get experience outside of guk or solb 40+ if they couldn't find a group. Killing guards, specs, ice giants, etc. if they had to. The only people who do this on P1999 from what I've seen are caster solo/duo teams, no melee involved until I was duoing with a druid today. Everyone else it's guk, solb, or log off.

Maybe it's a population issue. On my live server guk live and dead side used to be completely camped (dead side was stupidly like 6 separate camps), solb was about 5 separate camps (not counting efreeti/fgs), and there used to be a couple separate groups in oggok. Maybe one in grobb as well and another in freeport and some others killing dwarf guards. Or maybe people are just more attuned to the fact that classic melee are underpowered, especially when they aren't geared.

And I played a warrior on live classic as well, so I know I'm already patient enough to tolerate the pain that it is.
Last edited by Taminy; 01-06-2010 at 02:11 AM..
Old 01-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which is my biggest beef with WoW. It's boring when everyone is the same. Everyone can have everything because whatever you want is contained within an instance made just for you. It's just all handed to you.
This is really not true at all and too many people believe this. The absolute BEST gear in WoW is still only obtainable by a tiny percentage of players. Everyone most certainly can not have everything. BUT...everyone can have SOMETHING good.

They just added a level of gear right below BEST and made it available to most everyone with a brain. Honestly, I never saw a problem with that. I still had access to gear a step above what most people could get and did hardmodes most people couldn't

Hardmodes have certainly added some challenge and Ice Crown is actually shaping up to have some difficult encounters (Putricide is actually really really hard).

Be honest though, how hard is it to gear up in EQclassic right now? Extremely easy to get the best gear before planes give or take a few slots. Even the planes aren't that hard right now and were rolled over quickly. Friends of guilds are tagging along and getting full plane gear in a few days. Everyone looks the same also for the most part, especially casters.

I love both games. I think they both have awesome things about them and some bad things about them, both of them. I don't "defend" either game but I will retort blatantly wrong remarks.
I hope you choke on blood

Darkkor Goremetal
LVL 32 Corpsegrinding Necromancer
Old 01-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Large Bat

I'm with darkkor. I started a WoW account because of how bored I am with this server already. Too be honest, EQ classic isn't everything I hoped it would be. I got to level 50, got lots of raid gear, did all the cool content and now I'm bored. It didn't feel very hard and my gear is basically the same as every other 50 shaman. I'd say its actually easier in EQ classic to get yourself top tiered than it is in WoW. At least there I can solo for exp and it takes effort on my part, and when I group, we can go work an instance, and all walk out with a little bit of unique loot. Nothing about WoW has felt any easier than Classic EQ thus far other than I don't have to sit around for 45+mins waiting for something to do.
Closed Thread