Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Skeleton

I was being polite, id easily get banned from p99 if i was being a dick for what I have to say
Old 12-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

Just so you know, i dont agree with how you said everything is handed to you in wow, it isnt, it still takes many days /played to get far.

Also, being as unfair as eq can be is a legitmate complaint, it always has been. By the way ive made over 500plat, full banded, 5ac55hp rings and decent weps by lvl 15 on my own. I can even solo well and have over 100 fletching. So i am able to overcome a lot of eqs hardships, i guess i just think that the reward for doing so isnt so great anymore.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Kobold

A huge part of how much you enjoy EQ is the people you group and play with (at least for me).

Finding a guild that suits your personality can be an immense help.

Some people simply want to solo and do it themselves. If you're one of those people, the ranger class is not for you.

Without the other people and the shared experiences, what would be the point.

-Phase
Old 12-16-2009, 03:25 AM
Sarnak

The problem here is that your grievances, outside of being a ranger, involve content from flame posts. "One person dominating a whole dungeon" is obviously referencing the Najena flame post, the "elitism" is obviously referencing Transc/IB flame posts.

I have a good idea: don't base your opinions on those posts. Base your opinions on your experiences in the game.

Every newbie zone I enter I search my bags for gear to give people. I know tons of other level 50s who do the same, from IB, Transcendence, and many other guilds. The elitism you don't like comes from like 2 people in this game total. The rest of most of these guilds are quite helpful and friendly.

But anyway, quit your ranger because they're garbage. Play any other class and enjoy being good, with the added benefit of no exp penalty.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabamf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem here is that your grievances, outside of being a ranger, involve content from flame posts. "One person dominating a whole dungeon" is obviously referencing the Najena flame post, the "elitism" is obviously referencing Transc/IB flame posts.

I have a good idea: don't base your opinions on those posts. Base your opinions on your experiences in the game.

Every newbie zone I enter I search my bags for gear to give people. I know tons of other level 50s who do the same, from IB, Transcendence, and many other guilds. The elitism you don't like comes from like 2 people in this game total. The rest of most of these guilds are quite helpful and friendly.

But anyway, quit your ranger because they're garbage. Play any other class and enjoy being good, with the added benefit of no exp penalty.
Gonna have to agree with dabamf. If I ever have any spare items I give them away, and I'm always polite to people asking me tips about monks or noobies in general -- although sometimes I may be in tell hell and take a bit to answer them, but I always try to.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabamf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem here.. ..no exp penalty.
Insight.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jify [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Betty is fucking rad!
Old 12-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Sarnak

he has a point tho that none of you target...

The soloing classes are the feeders and lewt whores and the melee are the pigs sniffing for table scraps... In a way it isnt right, but that doesnt or shouldnt stop anyone from rolling a whore class.

Eq would be awesome with a total population of druids, nothing more.. just fucking druids.....

lol......

One thing is certain.. Eq was suppost to be a social game, but they did fail on a lot of levels... ALL of the melee classes are dependant on the casters.. The casters (other than a cleric) are not dependant on anyone.... SOOO... MY idea is to add a different line of skills for melee classes that enable them to counter magic and/or cripple mobs (call it a handycap) in order to be more competitive. Give melee classes an attack or two that have a reasonable cooldown... Gut shot (slows npc attack speed by 40% for X amount of time CD= 30min)... Stunning blow (Dazes target for 8 seconds and deals X amount of damage CD= 20min)

How about letting rogues add their poison to a vial that is reusable!

Im not here backing anything up, just pointing out the obvious. Throwing out some ideas....
Old 12-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Banned

There's a game that has that stuff... it's called World of Warcraft.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Sarnak

I played wow.. i dont like it... at all... it was to easy..

I played eq from 1999 until release of Luc.. after that eq sux balls...

was just saying there could be small improvements for the melee classes to help a bit.... we all know that most melee classes are created and for the most part twinks from casters =)
Closed Thread