Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 07-20-2023, 12:08 PM
Aviak

Default Harmony cooldown remover?

Before I invest in something expensive, what are my options for removing the cooldown on Harmony for my Druid? I have no experience tampering with cooldowns but I tend to say good enough with a couple Harmony casts and get killed for not thoroughly Harmony-ing everything.
Old 07-20-2023, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Before I invest in something expensive, what are my options for removing the cooldown on Harmony for my Druid? I have no experience tampering with cooldowns but I tend to say good enough with a couple Harmony casts and get killed for not thoroughly Harmony-ing everything.
You cannot do anything to modify the recast time of a spell. That is a timer being run on the server that checks to see if you can cast the spell again. https://wiki.project1999.com/Harmony has a 12 second recast time, and a 3 second cast time.

There is another timer, called a "Global Cooldown", which greys out all of your spell slots until that "Global Cooldown" finishes, even if the spell is ready to cast again. If a spell hasn't finished the recast timer, it normally remains greyed out. You can force end the "Global Cooldown" by clicking an instant cast item, also known as a "clickie". https://wiki.project1999.com/Shrunke..._Skull_Earring is one such example. This is also known as a "GCD Item", which stands for "Global Cooldown Item".

The top spell slot will un-grey out when you use a GCD item, even if the recast timer on the server hasn't finished. What this means is you can cast the top spell slot during the recast timer on the server, and if the recast timer on the server finishes before the casting is finished, you will land the spell. Otherwise, you will get a red message saying "Recast timer not met".

In summary, the best you can do is cast Harmony 2.5 seconds sooner if you have a GCD item, and if you put Harmony in the top spell slot. This is because the cast time is 3 seconds, and you are casting the spell near the end of the recast timer on the server.

I am not sure if it is worth it to do this, as you are only saving 2.5 seconds per Harmony, but you can try it. You need to keep a separate timer so you know when there is only 3 seconds left before the server recast timer finishes. You would start this 9.5 second timer as soon as Harmony finishes casting the first time. As soon as the 9.5 second timer finishes, start casting Harmony again.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-20-2023 at 01:30 PM..
Old 07-20-2023, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to keep a separate timer so you know when there is only 3 seconds left before the server timer finishes.
Couldn't you just click the GCD item right after you cast Harmony, and not need a timer?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-20-2023, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't you just click the GCD item right after you cast Harmony, and not need a timer?
You need to keep track of the 12 second recast timer, because the cast time of Harmony is much shorter than the recast time. Yes, you can click the GCD item immediately after casting Harmony. You just can't cast Harmony again right away. You need to wait 9.5 seconds first before starting to cast Harmony again. Otherwise you will get the "Recast timer not met" red message, because the recast timer is on the server. The server won't let you force end the recast timer. The "Global Cooldown" timer is on the client, which is why you can use a GCD item to force end it. The server isn't being authoritative in that case.

You are thinking of a spell like Cannibalize, where the casting time and recasting time are similar enough to where you can just spam it without worry. Cannibalize has a 1.25 second cast time, and a 2.25 second recast time. It takes about a second to click your GCD item and start recasting, so it just works out by default. That is why you put Cannibalize in your top spell slot, so you can spam it as fast as possible.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-20-2023 at 01:31 PM..
Old 07-20-2023, 02:22 PM
Aviak

So that Grim Aura clicky for example won't let me instantly recast Harmony? I'm a little confused about all of this.
What is the use case for the clicky then?
Old 07-20-2023, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So that Grim Aura clicky for example won't let me instantly recast Harmony? I'm a little confused about all of this.
What is the use case for the clicky then?
It's a little hard to explain, I apologize. You can review my previous posts if you want more technical details. Here is all you need to know:

1. Put Harmony in your top spell slot.
2. Cast Harmony.
3. Click your GCD item ( https://wiki.project1999.com/Shrunke..._Skull_Earring ) as soon as Harmony finishes casting.
4. Start a 9.5 second timer on your computer, phone, gina, etc.
5. Cast Harmony again once that 9.5 second timer finishes.

Repeat steps 3-5 for however many Harmonies you want to cast back to back. This will only work if you are casting Harmony back to back.

You are saving 2.5 seconds per cast of Harmony after the first cast with this method. Whether or not you feel this is worth it is up to you. I personally don't think it is going to be a big benefit. You cannot remove the 12 second recast time with any game mechanic unfortunately.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-20-2023 at 02:51 PM..
Old 07-20-2023, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to keep track of the 12 second recast timer, because the cast time of Harmony is much shorter than the recast time. Yes, you can click the GCD item immediately after casting Harmony. You just can't cast Harmony again right away. You need to wait 9.5 seconds first before starting to cast Harmony again. Otherwise you will get the "Recast timer not met" red message, because the recast timer is on the server. The server won't let you force end the recast timer. The "Global Cooldown" timer is on the client, which is why you can use a GCD item to force end it. The server isn't being authoritative in that case.

You are thinking of a spell like Cannibalize, where the casting time and recasting time are similar enough to where you can just spam it without worry. Cannibalize has a 1.25 second cast time, and a 2.25 second recast time. It takes about a second to click your GCD item and start recasting, so it just works out by default. That is why you put Cannibalize in your top spell slot, so you can spam it as fast as possible.
Man, you sure used a lot of argumentative words just to agree (in your very next post) that my point was correct:

Quote:
3. Click your GCD item ( https://wiki.project1999.com/Shrunke..._Skull_Earring ) as soon as Harmony finishes casting.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Man, you sure used a lot of argumentative words just to agree (in your very next post) that my point was correct:
What was the purpose of this post? It doesn't help OP, and simply shows you are trying to find anything you can to nitpick. Your personal opinion on how posts should be worded is not relevant. I answered the question correctly in both posts.

Quote:
I needed to answer the second part of your question. You still need a timer, because the GCD item does not remove the recast timer. It simply allows you to click the top spell slot again while the recast timer is going. You could click your GCD item 3 seconds into the 9.5 second timer if you wanted to, and the method I described here https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...69&postcount=6 would still work fine. I suggest that you click your GCD item right after your spell finishes, simply because it's easier to manage your rhythm when repeating the steps. The only time you actually need to immediately click your GCD item after the spell finishes is when you are casting a spell like Cannibalize. This is because the recast timer and cast timer are close enough to where you don't need a timer.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-20-2023 at 03:42 PM..
Old 07-20-2023, 03:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Man, you sure used a lot of argumentative words just to agree (in your very next post) that my point was correct
No, your point wasn't correct. If you just click the GCD item right after you cast Harmony, and proceed to cast the spell without using a timer, you'll get a "recast time not met" failure.
If you instead put the spell in a non-top spell gem, then the GCD item is not relevant; the gem will remain grayed out for the full 12 seconds and no cooldown time will be saved.

DSM's description is the only way to reduce the cooldown, and does so by as much as is possible.
Old 07-20-2023, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone actually tested this with harmony? I feel like it didn’t work on spells with longer recast times for whatever reason. Could be wrong though, maybe I just didn’t get the timing down.