Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-03-2023, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Sowell is better at rhetorical flourish than thoughtful empirical analysis or philosophical consistency.
Old 07-03-2023, 01:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

how about everyone takes the same test, and if you score x or higher, you get to go to that school. explain why that is racist?
Old 07-03-2023, 01:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crepido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how about everyone takes the same test, and if you score x or higher, you get to go to that school. explain why that is racist?
If all races don’t score the same then the setup isn’t fair

And we can’t make life fair because that’s not how life goes, but we can sure as hell positively-discriminate to try
Old 07-03-2023, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crepido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about those less pronounced members of a race that statistically receive less education due to demographics and finances don't have their chances at entering an Ivy League School diminished.

The ruling only gives a privileged family with money more wiggle room to get their space without needing to worry if the school met the correct metrics in diversity.

In this case money is power. With out checks power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Anyone saying the GOP party isn't the party of the rich is fooling themselves.
Old 07-03-2023, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

I'm all for equality, equity is bullshit though and you should find your own fucking box.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-03-2023, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyone saying the GOP party isn't the party of the rich is fooling themselves.
Democrats have been the party of ivory tower elitists ever since Clinton passed NAFTA in the 90s other than the Teacher and Police union they haven't fought for the working class in decades.

i'd rather vote for team "doesn't give a fuck about you" over team "literally hates your white male guts, also here's a 300 dollar a month tax cause you're a 20 something yr old loser working a shit job without health insurance and it's the law now because of Obamacare."
Old 07-03-2023, 09:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Democrats have been the party of ivory tower elitists ever since Clinton passed NAFTA in the 90s other than the Teacher and Police union they haven't fought for the working class in decades.

i'd rather vote for team "doesn't give a fuck about you" over team "literally hates your white male guts, also here's a 300 dollar a month tax cause you're a 20 something yr old loser working a shit job without health insurance and it's the law now because of Obamacare."
Hates democrats for being ivory tower elitists, proceeds to vote for (checks notes) Donald Trump, a man who literally lives in a tower with his name on the front...
Old 07-03-2023, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

i haven't voted since i thought Obama would legalize weed.

i'd vote for him over Biden and Kamala though if it was actually competitive where i live, on the drug war issue alone... She put over 1,500 people in jail for marijuana violations and then laughed about it when she was asked if she ever smoked marijuana and Biden voted for a literal racist bill that classifies crack cocaine differently than powder back in 1986. Biden is only a decent choice if you delude yourself into thinking Trump is actually Hitler.
Old 07-03-2023, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

I only know of one president who forced mandates. That's closer to hi.tler than anything trump ever did.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-03-2023, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm all for equality, equity is bullshit though and you should find your own fucking box.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not really talking about giving people boxes, it's talking about equality of opportunity. Someone born with 10 boxes should have the same shot as someone born with zero boxes. You would know this if you paid attention in school. Really makes me feel like the whole MAGA anti-education thing is just cope for ignorance.

Some of us are born on third base and judge the people born with nothing through the lens of our own advantages.