Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2023, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So looks like we were both wrong. The 85/15 rule first went into effect during the June 11th 2003 patch. So during Ykesha about 3 months before Ldon came out. So unfortunately not during PoP so it won't be active on PQ unless Secrets later determines he wants to add it as a QoL feature.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=1748
Nov 2003 is after June 2003.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-29-2023, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like I need to learn how to use ShowEQ and MQ then? Never used a third party program in a game before, but I guess if I want to play on Quarm I'm gonna have to figure out how they work.
These programs are still against the rules and subject to ban if caught, and Secrets may decide to rethink or expand enforcement. If they're doing things right, MQ especially is risky to use. Will remain to be seen.
Old 08-29-2023, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, personally I'm a lot less worried about MQ because it's observable. Eventually someone will see and report you, a GM will silently watch you do it again, and you'll be gone from the server.

ShowEQ is more insidious. If I pop into Kedge, check ShowEQ, see nothing is up, and leave ... even if a GM is watching me, all it looks like is that I changed my mind on where to hunt (maybe I saw no one in zone was LFG, so I left). If I instead see that (say) the Ferocious Shark is up, and head for him ... all a GM would see is me checking a spawn point to see if a mob is up (and then discovering that it is).

The net result is that a lot of people will use ShowEQ and get nameds that non-Show-EQ users will miss out on, while the non-users won't even know it's going on: they'll just feel like nameds are up a bit less frequently on Quarm.

I'm still pretty excited about Quarm, but I don't want to have to use ShowEQ, or miss out on a ton of loot to people who do, so this might just stop me from joining the server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-29-2023, 08:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legacy of Ykesha came out in February of 2003.

Hope this helps.
Quote:
Unfortunately the 85/15 piggyback rule wasn't created until after Omens of War came out so that'll never be on PQ unless Secrets decides to add it as an out of era QoL feature later.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-30-2023, 12:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
So looks like we were both wrong. The 85/15 rule first went into effect during the June 11th 2003 patch. So during Ykesha about 3 months before Ldon came out. So unfortunately not during PoP so it won't be active on PQ unless Secrets later determines he wants to add it as a QoL feature.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=1748
Other dude literally said pre-god (i correctly suggested it was loy/ldonish). They were right. That said, out of era for the discussed server though, yes, but for some reason you were talking about the grin darkness of the far future that is GoD.

Man I loved Loy/ldon!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-30-2023, 10:27 AM
Banned

If I play on quarm i plan to never visit PoP
Old 08-30-2023, 10:36 AM
Aviak

This server is going to be more popular then people think and I'm here for it.
Old 08-30-2023, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i bet you will

PoP was a breath of fresh air, with fresh and innovative new content after the disappointment of Luclin.

then, it all got polluted by the following expansions
Old 08-30-2023, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My first move is to move to PoK and bind at the top of the elevator and med in the lift pesking staff for help when i glitch thru and 20k.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-30-2023, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eventually someone will see and report you
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread