Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Should I stop playing Counter-Strike 2 and Guild Wars 2?
No. Play all three games so you have backup. 0 0%
Yes. Just play EverQuest only. Other games are a waste of time. All of them. 4 100.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2024, 01:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Location: Germany, Rhineland-Palatinate, Neustadt an der Weinstraße
Default Are Counter-Strike 2 and Guild Wars 2 a waste of time?

Honestly I've been playing a lot of online games in my time because I like the grind but lately I've been a bit burned out of playing Guild Wars 2, doing those fractals and the story completion, it all just takes too long to advance and isn't that much fun to be honest. As with Counter-Strike 2 I have a diamond riptide coin and I do like the operations but there are none right now and I feel like I'll have more fun playing EverQuest Project 1999 because it is the best game ever made.

Thing is I already invested my time and money into CS2 and GW2. Should I just quit these games regardless and only play EverQuest? How is it like to only play one game which is EverQuest Project 1999 is it better than playing multiple games??? I just don't know if I should quit all games to play Project 1999 only. Is this a good idea? Anyone here who's also played CS2 and GW2 and can explain a little why quitting them to play EverQuest is better? I just want to have a good explanation or excuse if I quit these games for EverQuest.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:39 PM
Banned

They are a waste of time until u are full up on VP loot.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

all games are a waste of time

at least CS2 you can just play for a little bit and have fun...GL doing that with everquest

i mean its two totally different games i dont really understand why its being asked in the first place....sometimes you'll want to FPS and sometimes you'll feel like you can barely tie your shoes and play EQ
Old 04-10-2024, 01:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Location: Germany, Rhineland-Palatinate, Neustadt an der Weinstraße
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all games are a waste of time

at least CS2 you can just play for a little bit and have fun...GL doing that with everquest

i mean its two totally different games i dont really understand why its being asked in the first place....sometimes you'll want to FPS and sometimes you'll feel like you can barely tie your shoes and play EQ
I've been playing these three games simultaneously and I noticed I hardly get any progress in any game so I realized it would be much more effective to drop two games and just play a single game forever. Regarding EverQuest Project 1999 does it have enough content for my entire life? Pretty sure, yes. About Guild Wars 2, there are already rumors of a Guild Wars 3 coming up.

I don't really like to have to switch to a next game and start from scratch. And Counter-Strike 2 doesn't have enough content, I played CS: Source and it was a much better game through and through, it still is. I think I'll actually just settle down on EverQuest lol.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:56 PM
Banned

If all you're looking for is mindless distraction any game will do. What is special about ever quest is that that mindless distraction gets interrupted by other players from time to time and there is a sense of persistence with the character you play and the things you've done.

CS:Go you hit your skillcap and thats it. It gets old quick.
Old 04-10-2024, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Haven't we had this bot post already? Have much deja vu here.

Loosely related to topic, I been playing CS 1.6 the past coupla days.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-10-2024, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1.6 was the best, by far

i dabbled in cal-im/m for a couple years, good times
Old 04-10-2024, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah I remember a similar thread too.

For OP, if you don't plan on doing Counter-Strike tournaments, you will probably get more out of P99.

Playing a competitive FPS by yourself in public games gets old, and the skill improvements you get by playing more aren't going to give you any benefits unless you are playing competitively.

More Everquest = more items.
Old 04-10-2024, 03:47 PM
Banned

D2:R p gud
Old 04-11-2024, 03:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
D2:R p gud
Had issues registering an account for that or I'd be playing it. Some weird shit.