Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Aviak

Default Good solo root/rot spots 30-40?

I'm leveling up a druid and have hit level 30 and am not sure where to go next. I've been kind of wandering around not sure where the best spot to xp is at this level. My gear isn't the greatest, so my mana pool is small. I tend to run into trouble if I try to quad or charm. Resists and charm wearing sucks away my mana and then I'm left trying to run away from a mob, if it hasn't killed me first ;p I'd much rather go the old root/rot method, at least until I can afford better gear and by proxy end up with more mana.

Any advice is much appreciated! On my cleric I grouped those levels so was in MM etc. I'd like to do something where I don't have to worry about trains all the time as well.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Griffawns, Griffens, and Griffons in NK. The griffawns are too low for you at 30, not sure about griffens. Some of the griffons will be red to you still though. Whatever is too low/high for you, drag to the guards and let them kill. Another of the three different types will spawn in it's place shortly after.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Sarnak

Tower in unrest. Hags will get you through most of your 30s quite quickly.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the tips! I shall check them out =)
Old 07-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Banned

You should be doing the guards on the wall in misty thicket from 30-42. Just look along the wall for the right ones to kill. Facing towards runnyeye, there is a solo guard on the wall immediately to the right and there is a slightly higher level guard all the way to the left tower. Both are single pulls. When you get decent at quading, you should be quading the main gate guards. All guards on the wall are on a 6 minute timer, so the respawn is good. Misty thicket appears to have a hidden +xp modifier when compared to other outside zones as well since it is a "newbie" zone, this is not confirmed.

Each guard drops an 11pp spear, making it also one of the best money spots in the game. If you are a halfling druid, you can take advantage of a little known classic trick to use sneak to sell to the merchants outside of RV(Have to stand behind them). Otherwise, you'll have to teleport and offload often.
Last edited by Arillious; 07-17-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Old 07-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Highkeep Guards / WFP Guards / Oggok Guards
Old 07-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

As someone who trashed my factions in classic killing guards everywhere, I really tried to avoid that this go around. So my advice will give you an alternative to the above options. Also I haven't played in 3-4 months and did these levels a few months before that so I may be off on exact levels but you can feel it out if you think XP is slowing or want a change of scenery

From 30-40 I did something like...

26ish-32ish: Mammoths outside everfrost. Decent money as well because they drop mamoth tusks / horns that sell for 10p. I did this all root/rot and/or snare-DD whatever was the most mana efficient at the time.

32ish-37ish: Killing Giants in Frontier Mountain. This was decent XP and money. They have a decent amount of HP so I root-rotted at the beginning but eventually shifted to Quadding (after you get AEDD) - which is ridiculously more XP. Other benefits are the loot isn't bad - can get 70plat tunics etc. to drop and if lucky you can get a few Forest Loops to fill your earring slots.

37ish-40 and beyond: Killing everything in Overthere (near Frontier Mountain ZL). This was good XP but not much money. Also be weary root-rot may not be your best option here as there are many animals you can charm/kill and many low HP mobs you can quad here.

All in all - if you prefer root/rot you have more options for where you can go, if you want money the above mentioned guards usually have better drops (fine steel etc), if you're worried about faction and willing to try quadding/charm-kite you can get better xp.

Good luck!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arillious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should be doing the guards on the wall in misty thicket from 30-42. Just look along the wall for the right ones to kill. Facing towards runnyeye, there is a solo guard on the wall immediately to the right and there is a slightly higher level guard all the way to the left tower. Both are single pulls. When you get decent at quading, you should be quading the main gate guards. All guards on the wall are on a 6 minute timer, so the respawn is good. Misty thicket appears to have a hidden +xp modifier when compared to other outside zones as well since it is a "newbie" zone, this is not confirmed.

Each guard drops an 11pp spear, making it also one of the best money spots in the game. If you are a halfling druid, you can take advantage of a little known classic trick to use sneak to sell to the merchants outside of RV(Have to stand behind them). Otherwise, you'll have to teleport and offload often.
Do NOT kill Misty Thicket guards, unless you have no intention of ever doing your epic quest.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portsche [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do NOT kill Misty Thicket guards, unless you have no intention of ever doing your epic quest.
Faction can be repaired.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Highkeep Guards / WFP Guards / Oggok Guards
Going to compare how killing misty thicket guards is better.

Highkeep - Not a lot of room to kite.
WFP - Loot not comparable
Oggok - Never tried
Closed Thread