Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Kobold

We are the support healer and back up CC. When things get crazy and all else fail, we can evac, root (cc), heal, buffs, kite etc...

Just know how to play your class and you will be fine.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:36 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooteneq1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I havnt played since omens of war and by then druids are completly diffrent than how they were in classic. Ive been soloing since i started p99 and thats easy enough but im looking at starting to group up now for dungeons and the like. My main question is what roll does a druid essentially do in a group. Our healing spells are horribly lacking untill at least velious so i cant imagine us doing much healing. Are we essentially just buff/utility/weak dps?
The druid's role depends on the makeup of the group, and the situation they're in. Try to provide whatever the group needs most at the time. If it's heals and buffs, then do that. If it's crowd control or damage, then so be it. The utility aspect is a big deal, IMO. You should provide some basic utility without group members having to keep asking you for it. If you're outside and not running on empty mana, everybody should get a sow, unless they decline. If you invite someone to your group, then port over to the nearest druid ring and pick them up. And if they are KOS then give them camo. Little things like this matter a lot. If you provide these services, people will love having you around. If I have to keep asking you for this stuff, then you're giving the impression that you're either a clueless noob, or you just don't care. As a result, people in the group will get irritated, and may lose confidence in you. If you don't like playing that supporting role in the group, then I think you should choose a different class.
Last edited by Groo; 09-27-2012 at 04:38 AM..
Closed Thread