Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Kobold

Default Quading from 44-60

Can anyone give me some suggestions on where to quad for these levels. preferably places where its safe to afk. i know about dwarfs in BB but respawn in kinda long, specters i dont care for cause theres usually someone always there. any other suggestions would be nice, thank you.

p.s. yes i know i can charm, i dont like it as i dont get as much work around the house done!
Old 05-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooteneq1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can anyone give me some suggestions on where to quad for these levels. preferably places where its safe to afk. i know about dwarfs in BB but respawn in kinda long, specters i dont care for cause theres usually someone always there. any other suggestions would be nice, thank you.

p.s. yes i know i can charm, i dont like it as i dont get as much work around the house done!
Timorous Deep. Spirocs early, then raptors. There are safe spots, but training is always a possible death.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Aviak

Exactly what was said. ALWAYS Hide when AFK in TD and con a target to make sure your Hide was successful. I have learned the hard way. Good luck getting a cleric to come out to such a remote location to give a res.

Sometimes TD can be camped and it is annoying to get to. Burning Woods giant fort is an alternative but hard to find safe kiting lanes.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Kobold

Im trying to stay away from raptors. Just from a short time doing spirocs i can see that the raptors are heavily camped. Takes alot of time to get out there and then if its camped then thats a huge waste. Any other ideas?
Old 05-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Aviak

Honestly, no. Not until Vellious.

Nothing else but raptors in Classic/Kunark gives you better when it comes to safe kiting area, close level mobs, fast respawn time and blue until 60.

Learn to compete effectively. There are no rules when it comes to those islands; don't listen to whiners. It's out in a lawless area and can support up to 3 kiters at a time max. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Aviak

I'll save you some time too. When faced with the same question of 'where to kite that's not TD' I went all over the world tracking and quadding.

Old World: Nothing kitable until 60. Guards are not an option. Dwaves in BB are green. No outdoor zones designed for 51-60 grind.

Burning Wood: Too many roamers.

Skyfire: Roamers, dispellers, varied level mobs, random dangerous crap.

Sarnaks outside Chardok: Varied levels, some light blue into late 50s, casters.

Dreadlands: Greens and light blue into higher 50s, varied levels, very high hitpoints on drolvargs.

EJ/Trak's Teeth: Mostly green into later 50s, roamers.

OT: Greens
Old 05-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quadding will take you up to about level 55ish. After that put on your charming face or play another class.

A druid who can't charm is useless tbh. You can root rot if you want but its pretty damn slow.

Get into Perma Caves or Kedge Keep if you wanna solo 55-60. Chardok also but its a bit slower because it isn't 80%+ Animals, its just the occasional dog.

Even at velious I'm not sure where you think you're gonna be able to quad to level 60...

Wyverns in CS are good 44-55ish
Ulthork in EW are good 34-44ish
Othmir in CS are decent 50-55ish but the shamans mixed in make it suck

GD, and Iceclad are both too low to quad (you can quad in there 34-44 quite a few targets)
Wakening Lands there are too many holgresh casters running around to try to quad even then, not much to actually quad
Western Wastes you'd need baller dragon faction, even then.. what are you going to quad? The rhinos? The mammoths? The dogs? From my recollection that shit was fun until you got a level 51 mixed in who promptly summoned and raped face.

Really quadding 55-60 wasn't that viable until Luclin with Maiden's Eye or PoP with Halls of Honor.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Kobold

i have no problems charming i just prefer to quad as it gives you more free time while playing. Guess once i get to 50s ill just have to see what happens.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Kobold

wasnt there 4 dwarfs in EW that were blue till 60 that had a fast respawn?
Old 05-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooteneq1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wasnt there 4 dwarfs in EW that were blue till 60 that had a fast respawn?
EW as in velious? If they put that in you can quad til 60 easily. Cobalt Scar is druid/wizard central, Bulthars, otters, and wyverns. And if you want to charm for loot western wastes is pure awesomeness.
Last edited by Kevlar; 05-28-2012 at 11:17 PM..
Closed Thread