Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Aviak

Default Specialization bug?

X-Posted to Bugs because I do not yet know if it is one. I will pose my question here too.

I am unfamiliar with the exact benefit of spell specialization so perhaps this is working as intended:

On my druid I leveled up specialized in Evocation. I saw that being specialized in this gave me a marginal increase in spell damage.

On my cleric I am specialized in Alteration. I see a marginal increase in healing done per spell.

On my druid I respecialized to Alteration. I am at around 140's maxing it but my healing spells do not do more healing and it seems that the spell damage increase from Evocation spells is still in effect. Is this working as intended or a bug?
Old 06-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Banned

can easily google this but too lazy. i am pretty sure specialization helps with channeling and mana cost of spells. I dont believe dmg is a factor but i could be way wrong. actually it may not help with channeling as much as is makes you fizzle less.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Aviak

Discussion here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=70953

This was my reply, but of course someone questioned it because the post was not during the "classic" timeline. Specialization is supposed to reduce mana cost of spells and reduce fizzle rate (though it wasn't working correctly on fizzle of certain spells, mainly druid fire-based dots). Direct damage spells normally increase damage done with level. Clerics have an innate bonus to their healing spells vs. other priests (around 15%, but I'd have to search for documentation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure spec is not random. I used to be a druid on live and if Scirocco posted it, you could bank on it being the way it worked.

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-3888.html

In case link doesn't work, here is copy of text.

There are no "specialization checks". You get a certain mana savings every time you cast, based on your spec skill level, and also on your SCM skill.

Basic Specialization Savings (for 50 and 200 spec):
50 = 3% savings EVERY TIME, no check performed
200 = 11% savings every time

SCM1, add 2% savings (5% or 13%)
SCM2, add 5% savings (8% or 16%)
SCM3, add 10% savings (13% or 21%)
Old 07-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Aviak

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...Specialization

This is the only conclusive evidence I can find about this server's handling of specialization
Closed Thread