Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 04-08-2024, 12:57 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Level appropriate camping

i really think we should have GM's or the owners of this version of the game actually make it so that you can be some level 58+ jackwagon camp for instance the giant islands of OOT so they can make money. who knows id personally think that if players could log on and gain xp from camps there would be more players on the server there would be more people wanting to play, but when you constantly have players who are running camps for nothing more then POSSIBLE financial gain it really sh!tZ on any reason to log on one of the BIG reasons that games became financially purchaseable with in game micro purchaces because they where sick of BS like that and wanted to actually get somewhere in the game then waiting on said person to stop fking up their time and space for there own personal gain but who knows i could be wrong but if i only have a little time here and there and when i log on some lv 58-60 is camping the only place that can take 30-1h30min to even get to for some gems then that kinda fucks up the entire reason im even willing to log on. again if im wrong im wrong, the only people i can think that will object are those who are doing the gem farming to screw it up for those who can get xp off the mobs
Old 04-08-2024, 02:19 AM
Planar Protector

Isn’t the point of levelling up and gearing a character so you can do more content not less?

If I level a warrior to 60 so I can traipse around Solusek’s Dungeon roleplaying the owner of a dilapidated Bed and Breakfast that is my choice. Likewise a level 58 mage spending 2 years doing thirty five hour weeks on seafuries so they can leverage an epic mq is their choice.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-08-2024, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

sorry you dont got seafuries hope this helps
Old 04-10-2024, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Seafury gem loot got nerfed years ago because people were bitching about rules on quadding and multiple druids/wizards/etc running around with 2-3 waiting for a 4th for their quad.

You know its bad if they change something because the elf court forum had too many posts. Maybe it needs nerfing again?

Maybe OP needs to go and kill some Highkeep guards instead. Top floor guards are good til the mid-40s for XP and you can vendor to the erudite that sells the enchanter pet spells no matter how bad your Highkeep vendor faction is.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

For years on Green a 60 sk just didn't leave Seafury island.
The island has a 2 minute respawn, if you didn't know. Just relax a sec and some one eyed idiots will be there for you to kill.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=277707
Old 04-10-2024, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Still one of the better stories on P99. Although while messing with the plat farmers is great, stealing the goblin ears from lower level EXP groups is a dick move.
Old 04-10-2024, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still one of the better stories on P99. Although while messing with the plat farmers is great, stealing the goblin ears from lower level EXP groups is a dick move.
its skarlorn what did you expect

good elf tho, OG as fuck
Old 04-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn’t the point of levelling up and gearing a character so you can do more content not less?

If I level a warrior to 60 so I can traipse around Solusek’s Dungeon roleplaying the owner of a dilapidated Bed and Breakfast that is my choice. Likewise a level 58 mage spending 2 years doing thirty five hour weeks on seafuries so they can leverage an epic mq is their choice.

Sol A is one of the worst/best examples of this exactly. I;ve seen many people on green, near level 60 roll through Sol A without regard for what anyone else is camping and clear house to collect bricks of ore.

scenario i see somewhat regularly: when the 55+ mage, rogue, monk, etc.. pops their head in to the bar room - the group killing goblins now knows why they cant find any spawns outside of this one room. when someone from the group sends tells to the player, and they dont respond - just continue walking around the entire entry part of Sol A clearing every goblin in sight-- players ask for CC, but the 55+ clearing the zone is antisocial and wont call a camp. would rather walk around the zone for hours on end killing everything that isnt in line of sight of any other players, regardless of where theyre camping. result: instead of competing for engage with a player twice their level - the group decides the much sowed down exp isnt worth it and return to MM or Highkeep.

i dont think its the GMs responsibility to remove these players from the zone. technically speaking, theyre not breaking any PnP policies... but watching a 55+ player spend hours and hours of no-afk style clearing mobs half their level is pretty cringe
Last edited by zelld52; 04-10-2024 at 04:21 PM..
Old 04-10-2024, 07:49 PM
Sarnak

I don't know what motivates a lot of these people to play the game. What do they even need the plat for? If you can spend untold hours doing absolutely mindless camps then I don't believe you're ever going to progress to doing anything challenging in the game. That's why these stories never seem to involve a solo enchanter, shitters play other classes.