Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Karkand was a token effort, people paid extra for the limited edition and it was then given out to everyone for free technically. Armored Kill was probably the only one that looked like they'd done something different.

I think the point about player run servers is that the rules can be manipulated too much, and giving powers to kick players for petty stuff like "he's too good" is just saddening. At least with Call of Duty its kept on track.

Those expansions aren't free of course, but you know that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ... value for money? Enjoy your alphabet lottery extra guns with extremely slight differences [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Banned

i bought the expansions for the new vehicles and maps, not so i could have a different shaped SMG

Karkand was not given out to everyone free, and limited edition players got a discount on limited for already having karkand.

like i said, you played on shitty player run servers, every one i've played on has never had admin abuse issues (and if you do suffer from admin abuse, leave the server? why is that hard?)

Call of Duty maps are the same thing with different scenery and massively overpowered weapons you bring back into vanilla to rape those who don't have em.

I enjoy my 3-4 maps with all new vehicles and such to run around on.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If EA didn't have their fingers in the cookie jar I think it would be a lot better... sadly too much extra content was given to "premium" players and that completely killed my interest along with shitty player run servers with admins who kick if you're doing well on the opposite team. Never again.

People slate Treyarch/Activision for Call of Duty but whats given (extra guns etc) to those who buy map packs is negligable compared to what BF3 was giving out... and everyone knows at least 3 of the 5 BF3 expansions were a waste of time.

Maybe I'm just old, hard to please and disgusted at the state of parts of the gaming industry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Preowned buyers of BF3 will have to pay £8 ($12ish) if they want to play online as the original buyer will have used the unique code that came with the game. Scumbags.
The only expansion I have is Back To Karkand (got it for free) and haven't played in months, so that tells you how interested I am in FPS games. Once in a while I feel like playing but I'm just not interested in most action games. I'm getting back into Civ 4, Morrowind, Skyrim, maybe Rift and I want to look into that new game Path Of Exile.