Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2020, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"when completing Soulfire quest, any none pally will receive the soulfire with 0 charges on the sword" Was changed with all the clicky nerfs.

Looking at this thread hands down Monk is the top class for solo melee. Good time to buy some cheap gear and make one.
Well, that's pretty dumb to be messing with class balance so flippantly. Give it a cast time and be done with it.

And I'm not sure I'd be looking at this thread for much. It's full of blue-brained morons.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was watching a Shaman melee today while leveling. I never really considered a Shaman before because I thought they were like Druids, just with more buffs and mana regen. However, after seeing him kill Gnolls earlier, it got me wondering ...

How well does a Shaman melee level compared to others?

I know they get heals, buffs, debuffs, DoTs, nukes etc. ... but how realistic is it for a Shaman to level by buffing herself, then meleeing down the enemies, and healing after the fight?

Will that have pretty much the same downtime as Monk / SK, waiting for HP or Mana?
With chain armor, and access to some decent blunt and piercing weapons, a shield, the ability to haste themselves, and the ability to slow enemies, shammies are pretty decent at melee.

But root rot with pets is gonna be faster xp. When Green fully unlocks and you hit 60 and snag torpor, you can melee camp lots of places, but by then you're leveling is over! So it doesn't help your question.

Melee leveling is possible, but slower than other options, for a shaman.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, that's pretty dumb to be messing with class balance so flippantly. Give it a cast time and be done with it.

And I'm not sure I'd be looking at this thread for much. It's full of blue-brained morons.
You're weirdly obsessed with the idea that better itemization in Classic equalizes warriors with monks all the way up to 40. Being able to split pulls and get singles, and have next to no down time, is still not enough to equal out leveling time between an FBSS monk and a Mith2hander/crafted war pre-40, and after the monk will just keep pulling ahead.

Like, what zone are you thinking for 35-40 for the solo warrior? Monk can do the gnomes in SolA for amazing XP in that level range. No twinkage on Green is gonna give a warrior that ability, because they can't split the pulls, and they have to run to a ZL early or risk death and lost XP.

I'm totally open to the idea that if we restrict both players to sitting on an outdoor 6:40 solo spawn, a twinked warrior will blow past a twinked monk. But the point everyone's making, that you're ignoring, is that monks *have better options than that*, and most other melee don't.

Hell, even as low as levels 17-22, look at Xorbb. Warriors have two camps they can solo, both at the zonelines, and they have to hope they aren't taken. Monks can just roam the gorge freely, relying on FD instead of zoning, and can thus camp way more spots.

So yeah, you can't really uber twink a monk right now. About the only worthy item is an FBSS and the same HP/AC rings you give a war. But the fundamentals of the class still open options that just don't exist for other melee. When Kunark drops, the valley between monks & other melee will widen to a chasm, but it's still there even now in Classic.
Last edited by jadier; 08-26-2020 at 10:27 AM..
Old 08-26-2020, 10:32 AM
Banned

I mean a monk with sky fist / belt is gonna out dps the fuck out of any warrior.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean a monk with sky fist / belt is gonna out dps the fuck out of any warrior.
Sure, but presumably that monk is no longer leveling :P
Old 08-26-2020, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're weirdly obsessed with the idea that better itemization in Classic equalizes warriors with monks all the way up to 40. Being able to split pulls and get singles, and have next to no down time, is still not enough to equal out leveling time between an FBSS monk and a Mith2hander/crafted war pre-40, and after the monk will just keep pulling ahead.

Like, what zone are you thinking for 35-40 for the solo warrior? Monk can do the gnomes in SolA for amazing XP in that level range. No twinkage on Green is gonna give a warrior that ability, because they can't split the pulls, and they have to run to a ZL early or risk death and lost XP.

I'm totally open to the idea that if we restrict both players to sitting on an outdoor 6:40 solo spawn, a twinked warrior will blow past a twinked monk. But the point everyone's making, that you're ignoring, is that monks *have better options than that*, and most other melee don't.

Hell, even as low as levels 17-22, look at Xorbb. Warriors have two camps they can solo, both at the zonelines, and they have to hope they aren't taken. Monks can just roam the gorge freely, relying on FD instead of zoning, and can thus camp way more spots.

So yeah, you can't really uber twink a monk right now. About the only worthy item is an FBSS and the same HP/AC rings you give a war. But the fundamentals of the class still open options that just don't exist for other melee. When Kunark drops, the valley between monks & other melee will widen to a chasm, but it's still there even now in Classic.
I'm "weirdly obsessed" with actually reading threads I respond to. You should try it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if you could get perfect solo spawns whether the warrior would be faster.
Old 08-26-2020, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm "weirdly obsessed" with actually reading threads I respond to. You should try it.
Between reframing your posts here to imply you’ve made only one response that was direct and clear, and calling others morons above, I think I’ve read plenty from you. You’re a cool dude. Have a good day.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Between reframing your posts here to imply you’ve made only one response that was direct and clear, and calling others morons above, I think I’ve read plenty from you. You’re a cool dude. Have a good day.
Great. Get to fucking off already then instead of making a post about it.
Old 08-26-2020, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha yeah, true. But that's kind of what I am looking for. My main character is a Druid, so I do a lot of Root + DoTs, and Snare + running and nuking.

That's why I kind of want a melee character that I can beat stuff up with melee a bit. It doesn't have to be 100% melee, that's why I am considering SK / Pally and other things etc. But I def. want to be able to do some melee stuff.

Bard would be fun as melee also, but I've heard their melee is really really bad and that they are much more of a caster...so I didn't really include Bard originally, because of that.
Hey guys my main char is a druid so i do alot of rooting and dotting also some snares and heavy brain damage.

See you in thurgadin !
Old 08-26-2020, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Monks and fd are broken. That is how this community likes it. DMN is playing heavy cover right now.prob has a few monks he does certain things with nam sayin
Closed Thread