Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the varied responses. Hence the dilemma.

So it seems Wizards and Druids are a def no at firepots. The loss of binding wherever is too large a cost for classes that can already move around Norrath with ease.

Clerics, Necros, Enchanters, Shaman, and Mages can gate and get Teleportation abilities if they bind at firepots. They lose onsite and near dungeon binding. Still these classes stand to gain the most from firepots.

Melee and Tanks firepot viability might come down to the level of the character. A level 1 melee bound at firepots would enhance leveling options greatly. However min/max raiding melee may benefit from VP ent bind rather than firepots at 60.

The only melee able to bind themself on p99 is a Dark Elf SK. All other melee would have to rely on Locket of Escape.

Both Locket and Firepots only are available a few days after launch. Likelihood of Locket being a /list item is not confirmed.

Then Locket no longer drops and Timorous Deep is no longer a zone you can bind in. However everyone that binds at firepots in the few days where this is an option after launch retains their firepot bind location.

With two Lockets a person or group of people could bind any melee on the server who would want to get a Firepot bind before it goes away. This would actually cost 20k, not 10k tho. Buying back two lockets at 10k a piece.

That's what I have so far as far as details on what options there will be.

Still not sure if my melee will be getting a firepot bind yet. He'll likely be 50 at Kunark lanuch.
Keep in mind that in groups in the 50s you will pretty much always have a Cleric since they are the only truly viable class to main heal from 50-60. As such, you will almost always have someone who can rez you if your melee dies. As such, I wouldn't say it matters much where your melee is bound for pure grouping EXP purposes.

There's of course the benefit of being able to be TLed to your bind at firepots and get more quickly to various cities that way, but I wouldn't say it's a huge benefit compared to the time it saves you vs. just getting a port and running.
Old 03-18-2020, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep in mind that in groups in the 50s you will pretty much always have a Cleric since they are the only truly viable class to main heal from 50-60. As such, you will almost always have someone who can rez you if your melee dies. As such, I wouldn't say it matters much where your melee is bound for pure grouping EXP purposes.

There's of course the benefit of being able to be TLed to your bind at firepots and get more quickly to various cities that way, but I wouldn't say it's a huge benefit compared to the time it saves you vs. just getting a port and running.
Yeahhhhh. :/ Any wizard that can TL to bind (level 50) can TL you to any wizard portal (level 39 to 49).

I just realized one of the benefits of these self-melee-bind items. Perhaps its value is not about some particular special location where you get to bind your melee, but the fact that you can bind yourself, and re-bind yourself, on a melee class, anywhere you want. Assuming you have a Ring of the Dead (rechargeable for 10p) or access to two Lockets of Escape. You could bind your Dark Elf SK outside of any dungeon, or heck, inside most of them (?).

I'm saying forget melee Firepots bind - bind yourself wherever you want, anytime, changing it depending on your current haunts and goals.

Even cooler than getting Translocated to the Firepots and then clicking on a firepot - is getting Translocated to your bind point in Droga, or Howling Stones, or outside Veeshan's Peak, or outside Temple of Veeshan, or in Plane of Mischief, or in Skyshrine by a click-out...

Also, what's the recharge cost on Lockets?
Last edited by Videri; 03-18-2020 at 02:30 PM..
Old 03-20-2020, 10:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Firepot room in Timorous Deep (Kunark) contains 9 firepots of different styles that teleport you to 9 cities. Here's a good guide on the Wiki.

You can bind in Timorous Deep for the first few days of its existence. For non-port classes, this gives access to most of Norrath via gating to the Firepots and clicking wherever you want to go.

Please note: it's better to bind on top of the spires outside the firepot room, since you can't get back up out of the firepot room. This allows you access not only to all 9 teleporters, but to Timorous Deep itself (Faydedar, quest turn-ins, interesting mobs, and boats to several places).
Thanks Tala, very helpful post.
Closed Thread