Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

If you bind at firepots, it will be ruined by someone in your group someday binding you somewhere else against your will. If you dont, you cant get f'ed over [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-17-2020, 10:00 AM
Planar Protector

firepots suck ( unless you are moblizing for enchanter epic mobs)

Bind at the VP door for a real raider's use of 10k.
Old 03-17-2020, 10:25 AM
Banned

Only melee should firepot. Always have a cleric handy for CRs
Old 03-17-2020, 12:45 PM
Aviak

What's minimum level to access TD? And if melee it's better to bind above spires correct? I have a monk I want to put there.

Shaman bound there on blue and I think it's great, but only casual player, not a raider.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Real quick, how are people planning to bind their melee at the firepots? Are you guys going to farm a Locket of Escape in the first few days of the server, or pay someone for a Locket click? I thought the Locket would be removed in a matter of days. Not so?

And then are you going to buy Gate potions during 8 months of Kunark before Translocate is added in Velious?
Old 03-17-2020, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And if melee it's better to bind above spires correct?
For any class, it's better to bind above the spires. No one can get out of the firepot room. Binding on top of the spires is like a tenth firepot that lets you go elsewhere in Timorous Deep. It might not be needed much, but it's cool.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:52 PM
Banned

Thanks for the varied responses. Hence the dilemma.

So it seems Wizards and Druids are a def no at firepots. The loss of binding wherever is too large a cost for classes that can already move around Norrath with ease.

Clerics, Necros, Enchanters, Shaman, and Mages can gate and get Teleportation abilities if they bind at firepots. They lose onsite and near dungeon binding. Still these classes stand to gain the most from firepots.

Melee and Tanks firepot viability might come down to the level of the character. A level 1 melee bound at firepots would enhance leveling options greatly. However min/max raiding melee may benefit from VP ent bind rather than firepots at 60.

The only melee able to bind themself on p99 is a Dark Elf SK. All other melee would have to rely on Locket of Escape.

Both Locket and Firepots only are available a few days after launch. Likelihood of Locket being a /list item is not confirmed.

Then Locket no longer drops and Timorous Deep is no longer a zone you can bind in. However everyone that binds at firepots in the few days where this is an option after launch retains their firepot bind location.

With two Lockets a person or group of people could bind any melee on the server who would want to get a Firepot bind before it goes away. This would actually cost 20k, not 10k tho. Buying back two lockets at 10k a piece.

That's what I have so far as far as details on what options there will be.

Still not sure if my melee will be getting a firepot bind yet. He'll likely be 50 at Kunark lanuch.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the varied responses. Hence the dilemma.
Hey wait, is your user name like a harry potter spell reference for casing like a seduction spell?
Old 03-18-2020, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

I have 2 characters on blue (60 shaman, 20 necro) and 2 characters on red (55 mag, 55 nec) still bound at firepots. Best EQ decision I ever made.

It makes it possible to do /who all lfg, send a tell, and be at the group in a few minutes. I enjoy traveling around norrath by foot, but when you only have limited play time, it can make things much more enjoyable.

Bind up top, watch out for Faydedar! Also, get an OT hammer on all your characters.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Related question, when is Kunark hitting?
Closed Thread