Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 08:18 PM
Banned

Default shakespearean firepot dilemma

I've experienced both having firepot access and not having it and am seeking a discussion on whether firepots is worth it or not for various classes.

I had one character bind at firepots on blue. As a epic Enchanter this made him extremely self sufficient almost never needing a port except for Planes. One negative was that dieing deep in a dungeon while soloing would take longer to CR than if I was bound at dungeon entrance. Although still bound there it became harder to justify in Velious era.

On the other hand I had another character on blue who was unable to bind at firepots because of when he was created. This character was a Torpor Shaman had to rely on binding near dungeons. For travel he relied on his OT hammer and Porters to get around. But he was able to get back quick in a dungeon if he died because he was usually bound right outside.

Currently I am undecided whether I want to bind at firepots on green.

Do you plan to bind at the firepots in November, why/what class, and for how long?

Does anyone have actual experience as a melee character bound at firepots and what its like day-to-day for a melee?

Appreciate any and all positive discussion
Old 03-16-2020, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

It's extremely nice for a melee raid toon!
Old 03-16-2020, 10:40 PM
Fire Giant

Definitely going to bind at firepots, it's a one time shot. You can change your mind later, so why not? There is something to be said about being able to bind in Velious, but with the thurg gate potions I don't see the need, same with OT hammer.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 03-16-2020, 10:58 PM
Sarnak

What firepot?
Old 03-16-2020, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

I had a necro and druid bound at firepots on Blue. I can say it greatly hindered by druid and made things better for my necro.

I had access to a firepot bound cleric, which was extremely helpful as a ress-bot for the guild but would hinder CR'ing in grouping efforts in dungeons like you said. Firepot bound porters are good for guild-bots for the quick access to halas and to a lesser extent other starting cities.

In kunark any class that can't invis themselves after death aren't gaining much, since they cant go through Cab without help or extraneous effort with faction. Most binding classes are generally better off binding where they are exping/farming.

That said, I'm binding my cleric at firepots, but leaving my Mage able to bind at dungeons.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 03-16-2020, 11:48 PM
Former Guide

I'm confused... isn't it everyone's dream to wake the sleeper in full rubicite, whilst holding manastone, dropped jboots in inventory, guise active, and during warder death cry hit hotkey:
Quote:
/dance, pause 5
/charinfo, pause 5 (shows bound in TD)
/say Sorry you didn't get warder loot
Taking a screenshot...

???
Old 03-17-2020, 12:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm confused... isn't it everyone's dream to wake the sleeper in full rubicite, whilst holding manastone, dropped jboots in inventory, guise active, and during warder death cry hit hotkey:

Taking a screenshot...

???
I didn't realize it was my dream, but now that you mention it... I guess it is.
Old 03-17-2020, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCtastic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What firepot?
The Firepot room in Timorous Deep (Kunark) contains 9 firepots of different styles that teleport you to 9 cities. Here's a good guide on the Wiki.

You can bind in Timorous Deep for the first few days of its existence. For non-port classes, this gives access to most of Norrath via gating to the Firepots and clicking wherever you want to go.

Please note: it's better to bind on top of the spires outside the firepot room, since you can't get back up out of the firepot room. This allows you access not only to all 9 teleporters, but to Timorous Deep itself (Faydedar, quest turn-ins, interesting mobs, and boats to several places).
Old 03-17-2020, 03:30 AM
Sarnak

And still no access to Qeynos. They didn’t like Qeynos much.
Old 03-17-2020, 04:44 AM
Planar Protector

I'll be levleing an alt account cleric to be a rez bot. He'll be bound at pots with 0 regrets.

Besides that, my only other class that can bind is wizard, which doesn't really need the mobility.