Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 03:58 PM
Kobold

Default Charm mob/Camp mob dilemma

There wasn't any arguing or fighting over anything in this particular instance, but it did raise a question to me. One I'm not sure the answer to, maybe some people on this forum can make sense of it.

Let's say there is an NPC or mob that is specific. For instance let's say CB is a level 5-40 zone and there are mobs around level 35 or so. Ambassador Dvinn backstabs and becomes a valuable Enchanter pet to a group. What is policy between an enchanter pet and a mob camp for exp?

Let's say a group is using Dvinn for a pet and Dvinn dies, someone wants the camp for exp what is the protocol here? If the person is sitting in the camp waiting for him to spawn and he eventually does because he dies they are in the camp.

But the Enchanter basically has the rights to the spawn because he has been using as a pet.

What is the proper way to go about this situation if it were to arise? I have seen it in a couple of instances and just wanted clarification as to who is right and who gets what. Just in case it comes up in the future again.

It could even extend to many other situations, a named camp pops a PH that backstabs and an Enchanter uses as pet for another camp. How do you resolve this?
Old 03-14-2020, 04:04 PM
Banned

Try red 99, lots of fun to be had with Dvinn there. Best of luck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-14-2020, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

If there's a group in the castle and someone comes along and wants to camp dvinn its up to that group if they will let this guy have dvinn being he spawns in their camp.

Pretty simple hehe.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It could even extend to many other situations, a named camp pops a PH that backstabs and an Enchanter uses as pet for another camp. How do you resolve this?
In this situation, be a good mate to your fellow EQ player and let him have the PH so he can go pwn his own camp lol. Long as he's respectful, it'd be all good with me! It's just the PH.
Old 03-14-2020, 04:17 PM
Kobold

Okay, that's how it was handled it wasn't a fight or anything both sides were respectable. Run into the situation a lot in highkeep with Osargen too. I was just unaware what the right thing was to do. Or at least by the book that is.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try red 99, lots of fun to be had with Dvinn there. Best of luck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its not fun at all to play on a mmo with no player
Old 03-15-2020, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

As a random player with no authority whatsoever, I think the short answer is that there are no explicit/separate "rights" for charmed pets. However, if you get your pet killed, that is still you killing a mob in a sense, so I'd think you could still say "I killed it last" for the purposes of claiming it as a camp.

Thus, if you charm Foo, and Foo dies, Foo is still your's as long as ...
  • you are at Foo's spawn point, waiting for it to respawn within a "reasonable" amount of time
  • you aren't claiming any other camps (which could only be true if you're using Foo to grind non-nameds; if you want to use him to kill a second named called "Bar", it wouldn't be)

If the first point isn't true, all bets are off (as they are with any camp). If the second point isn't true, you can still recharm Foo ... but if anyone else lets you know that they want Foo (or Bar, or anything else you're camping), you have to relinquish your claim to Bar (and anything else) the moment you charm Foo.

But also ... if Foo drops loot people want (eg. you charm the Skeletal Hierophant in Sebilis Crypt, who drops the popular Heiro Cloak, and wander around Sebilis killing non-nameds with him), the GMs might consider that "disruption", as you're denying others pixels ... so as with many ruling questions there isn't one clear cut answer, and it would depend on the GM call based on the circumstances.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-15-2020 at 11:30 AM..
Old 03-15-2020, 03:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a random player with no authority whatsoever, I think the short answer is that there are no explicit/separate "rights" for charmed pets. However, if you get your pet killed, that is still you killing a mob in a sense, so I'd think you could still say "I killed it last" for the purposes of claiming it as a camp.

Thus, if you charm Foo, and Foo dies, Foo is still your's as long as ...
  • you are at Foo's spawn point, waiting for it to respawn within a "reasonable" amount of time
  • you aren't claiming any other camps (which could only be true if you're using Foo to grind non-nameds; if you want to use him to kill a second named called "Bar", it wouldn't be)

If the first point isn't true, all bets are off (as they are with any camp). If the second point isn't true, you can still recharm Foo ... but if anyone else lets you know that they want Foo (or Bar, or anything else you're camping), you have to relinquish your claim to Bar (and anything else) the moment you charm Foo.

But also ... if Foo drops loot people want (eg. you charm the Skeletal Hierophant in Sebilis Crypt, who drops the popular Heiro Cloak, and wander around Sebilis killing non-nameds with him), the GMs might consider that "disruption", as you're denying others pixels ... so as with many ruling questions there isn't one clear cut answer, and it would depend on the GM call based on the circumstances.
So what you're really trying to say is the whole situation is foobar? lol

It's a tricky situation, and one you don't run into often but with everyone grasping at any camp/kill/exp they can it's bound to happen eventually. Not really an issue most of the time. I blame it on the Coronavirus
Old 03-15-2020, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Default Another random player with no authority checking in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, but if you charmed Foo, you’re probably using it to kill some other camp. You can’t lay claim to two camps if someone else wants one of them. Therefore, if the pet dies, and if someone else wants either the pet mob or the camp you were doing, you have to choose one.

Like Christina said, you’d be at the mercy of whoever is holding the camp from whence your charmed mob came.

If no one else minds, it’s not a problem, but if someone else tries to claim either your camp or your charmed mob, you shouldn’t be able to claim both.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:33 AM
Banned

If TR is open and Dvinn is up i'd charm him.

If TR is camped and they want him then i'd give them 1 attempt.

TR is a great camp even without Dvinn. He's more of a bonus and not in the same room. Would also be awesome to watch a good enchanter destroying mobs with his backstab.

Camps are about who's there first and can engage the mob within a few minutes.

Subjectively defined by walls, rooms, or areas; objectively defined by a single spawn.
Last edited by Hazek; 03-16-2020 at 12:36 AM..
Closed Thread