Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 02:56 PM
Banned

PGT procs are pretty legit for sure as an easy weapon to get [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-03-2020, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdaemon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This need to twimk melee classes is just lame. Game totally give you the oppo to play melee without twinking.
I play without twinking, it's fun and rewarding, but casters are WAY easier to play without twinking. I honestly believe if we had this discrepancy of population between the classes back in 1999, something would have been done.
Old 03-03-2020, 06:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People want to play melee, but most do not until twinked. Seems like a balance issue to me which the original devs were always trying to fix.
I disagree with this somewhat. Depends on the melee. For Warriors and Rogues, sure. The reason you're not seeing more of the other melee classes on Green right now isn't because people need to twink them to make them playable, it's because no one wants to deal with the ridiculous 40% class EXP penalty (not to mention any additional racial penalties for Trolls and Ogres).
Old 03-03-2020, 09:41 PM
Banned

Not sure if code is wrong or if its how it was on live, but mob melee or player mitigation is broken.

For example I can't even solo an Ice Giant as a planar geared paladin and BIS weapon. And that goes for all melee, even Nagak, whos a BIS SK with lifetaps said he can't solo them either.

Same problem while leveling. Light blue and especially blue mobs at higher levels will destroy you regardless of your gear as melee.

But I understand why devs may be hesitant to change anything at this point.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if code is wrong or if its how it was on live, but mob melee or player mitigation is broken.

For example I can't even solo an Ice Giant as a planar geared paladin and BIS weapon. And that goes for all melee, even Nagak, whos a BIS SK with lifetaps said he can't solo them either.

Same problem while leveling. Light blue and especially blue mobs at higher levels will destroy you regardless of your gear as melee.

But I understand why devs may be hesitant to change anything at this point.
I'm pretty sure the biggest stuff melee routinely solod was an SG, however, rogues can intimidate HG and spectres and that was also not that hard with the lvls and gear.

Would be surprised rogues cant intimidate IG?
Old 03-03-2020, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree with this somewhat. Depends on the melee. For Warriors and Rogues, sure. The reason you're not seeing more of the other melee classes on Green right now isn't because people need to twink them to make them playable, it's because no one wants to deal with the ridiculous 40% class EXP penalty (not to mention any additional racial penalties for Trolls and Ogres).
Another reason is because its best to make a farm character first because melee can't solo any high end camps like Guk, IG's, Nox, etc.

I made a paladin because I thought, "they have soothe, 2h damage, tankiness, self heals, double stun, buffs, roots etc, so its gotta be a strong solo melee class." Without knowing that mob damage is broken and melee still take a ridiculous amount of damage regardless of gear.

Now I wish I had a caster.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:06 PM
Sarnak

People acting like this is some type of 1999 fucking mystery....

Everyone wants to be self sufficient. The class population scales directly from this. Only modifier is the hybrid penalty and people now twinking out those less self efficient melees
Old 03-05-2020, 10:06 AM
Kobold

i can barely solo some dark blues and most light blues on monk (best melee solo class in classic without 20k plat twink) using a incombat bandage exploit that was probably never intended, and i still am at 10% life sometimes to generic non casting mobs in sola

and on the flip side i need 10x as much plat to buy haste/hp/str/ac gear and "catch up" to caster ability to solo

i never knew what the developers were thinking when they designed melee vs caster in classic eq, the only thing melee has going is that its 50x more rewarding to get a new piece of gear where as with caster you notice literally nothing with new gear, they severely overestimated melee ability to "outlast" mobs with endless auto attacks that dont require any resource, its only good for raiding or if twinked
Last edited by Kanuvan; 03-05-2020 at 10:12 AM..
Old 03-05-2020, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

They would do what Wow Did, give melee players "spells" with names like "gut punch"

The dang rogue in that game was the enchanter lol
Old 03-05-2020, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

So I just picked my ranger back up and im on a blitz journey to level 35 in hopes for mask before times up and then beyond when the cool solusel quests come. I'm level 11 and hitting it hard. My ultimate tip for those who dont like the class pops.. Invite hybrids because they are awesome especially me gooby pls I harmony / tank / doops for you good plz thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But seriously I do think the balance is weird at times, Classic it's not too bad except in the Kunark era, then its good during velious for the most part.