Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-31-2023, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm more worried about them killing themselves TBH
yep

its a truly horrible affliction, the fact that a few aren't afflicted so isn't a good enough reason to be 100% like ok "this person is trans they'll be totally fine" cuz that isn't tru at all lol

so what if there is like one single trans person out of the 10 on these boards that is totally cool and normal and succesful (i even doubt that, nothing personal)
Old 03-31-2023, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm more worried about them killing themselves TBH
well that makes one of us
Old 03-31-2023, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

you can't stop ppl from killing themselves or others - unless u kill them first

you can only provide them the knowledge and opportunity to not do that if you aren't willing to kill

in which case the net deaths still are 1 cuz you are really just killing yourself
Old 03-31-2023, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Exclamation

The anti-LGBT hate speech that is so commonplace here is disgusting. Reminder to all extremists that your bullshit has no place in polite society!
Old 03-31-2023, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can't stop ppl from killing themselves or others - unless u kill them first

you can only provide them the knowledge and opportunity to not do that if you aren't willing to kill

in which case the net deaths still are 1 cuz you are really just killing yourself
When someone says they wanna kill themself

I tell them that they are gonna have to go through me first.
Old 03-31-2023, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The anti-LGBT hate speech that is so commonplace here is disgusting. Reminder to all extremists that your bullshit has no place in polite society!
a lot of people can't put themselves in the shoes of this shooter as an "LGBT oriented person"

I feel like a lot could if it was from a different perspective of 'hero savior' or victim of the LGBT community tho because that is their perspective.

what they don't realize is that it's nearly identical, likely, to the motive of the LGBT person who did this thing. As foolish and misguided as it was and their beliefs where.

I'm not trying to be hateful. Just provide a foil for these ideas or beliefs.

The truth is unless you can be in the shoes of both the victim and the perpetrator of something like this you really don't have business passing judgement, and once you can you won't pass judgement any more. Most of the people here, are unfortunately genuinely incapable of that. That doesn't actually make them bad people. They do need to be reminded that their hate is stupid. Nor is it effective.

I wonder if we'll see forum bans and thread deletions today? I would rather not see anyone banned or deleted and see a civil and open discussion. Who knows.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-31-2023 at 01:03 PM..
Old 03-31-2023, 01:03 PM
Banned

Trans people have been around for a long time, so have drag queens. Nobody gives a shit about them or has any major problem with them until they started mingling with kids, and insisting on being able to. This applies both to drag queens and anyone trying to block natural puberty in kids and other weird, frankensteinian shit. Please see: canada considering it child abuse to NOT trans your kid if little johnny likes wearing dresses when he's like four years old, such that the state might consider removing your child from you. That is insanely fucked up and evil.

Just stop it, knock off the kids shit and our free society will go back to not really caring what you do in your private life. Many gays and lesbians agree with everything I just wrote btw. It really shouldn't be this complicated but hey most people are idiots so you can't expect too much.
Old 03-31-2023, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll remember this next time I attend high tea with the Queen.

But isn't 'extremist' also a word signifying an out-group?
Old 03-31-2023, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a lot of people can't put themselves in the shoes of this shooter as an "LGBT oriented person"

I feel like a lot could if it was from a different perspective of 'hero savior' or victim of the LGBT community tho because that is their perspective.

what they don't realize is that it's nearly identical, likely, to the motive of the LGBT person who did this thing. As foolish and misguided as it was and their beliefs where.

I'm not trying to be hateful. Just provide a foil for these ideas or beliefs.

The truth is unless you can be in the shoes of both the victim and the perpetrator of something like this you really don't have business passing judgement, and once you can you won't pass judgement any more. Most of the people here, are unfortunately genuinely incapable of that. That doesn't actually make them bad people. They do need to be reminded that their hate is stupid. Nor is it effective.

I wonder if we'll see forum bans and thread deletions today? I would rather not see anyone banned or deleted and see a civil and open discussion. Who knows.
Tribal psychology is such a fascinating thing. It’s true you don’t see many exploring the underlying reasons for their beliefs. We’re all susceptible af to tribal psychology and without it humanity likely would have been doomed ages ago, but now it’s so interesting that we’re seeing serious detrimental consequences for it as modern society has evolved to a point where it’s more harmful than helpful.

The world’s on fire! The least we can do is try to understand why imo.
Old 03-31-2023, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah the world is in a state of transition and change. As a kid I would never say I would be on this forum thinking even remotely about any of this.

I'm not sure my part to add is helpful or valid. It is a thing tho. Definitely just saying it's a thing is worthwhile too.

I think what I fear the most is that the old order will be re-established with no room for new stuff or improvement or just rebranded and from an alternative perspective and we'll just repeat this same mistake again after the mudfloods 2120. That fear could be irrational tho. It's possible for people to suffer under a regime that is hardcoded LGBTQ as it stands today too. There is almost no room for people in it who don't want to or should not transition. Nor does it truly respect people with body dysphoria. It only pays lip service and seems to be more of a tool to focus collateral damage on "those-kind".

If I had to chose between free-surgeries and corporate hell or a Christian world where people where truly more christlike tho... I feel like the sacrifice of not being in the christ like world would be be better, tho that world would neither be truly christlike with no room for people like me in it. As convoluted as my ego genuinely is from the common lay persons perspectives of the 1900s- to now.
Last edited by magnetaress; 03-31-2023 at 01:26 PM..