Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2023, 11:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me run it by my partner, she was raised Catholic, not me.
Old 03-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If its a simulation, then EverQuest is a good example. no matter how many thousands of hours you put into the game, when you log out of Norrath, none of it matters. at all.
I personally don’t think life is a simulation but if it was, there’s a few things to consider

1. You have a conscious ego. It’s not like some other person is controlling your character, so you are sentient

2. This implies that even if this is a simulation, your consciousness in the simulation would be a product of something outside that simulation. The obvious example is the person outside the matrix plugged into the matrix

3. And just like the matrix movie, there is a decent chance that decisions made in the simulation affect the source outside the simulation in some way, so in that regard they do matter

If it’s all a simulation, and once it ends you are assigned a score based on your decisions, and that score somehow mattered for all eternity and couldn’t be changed, then the simulation would be like an allegory to the life before afterlife
Old 03-14-2023, 12:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
simulation theory is basically proven by the double slit experiment

then it was confirmed again by the delayed choice experiment

this stuff is barely known, it's difficult to understand without having advanced training in quantum mechanics, fortunately, I do!

but then again, Dr. Feynman so eloquently put it:

don't take my word for it, ask any physicist, literally any physicist.

watch the video, it does a pretty good job of putting things in simpler terms, and I felt like the universe wanted me to share it, as you posted this during the time i was watching the video.

I'm a believer that we are all NPCs in each other's video game.
While the double slit experiment and the delayed choice experiment may seem strange, they do not provide evidence that we live in a simulation. There are a lot of different interpretations of quantum mechanics and while none of them can be definitively proven, they do not require the existence of a simulated reality.

Plus, these experiments have been replicated many times, and their results are consistent with one of the many theories of quantum mechanics. These experiments challenge our understanding, they do not require us to posit the existence of a simulated reality.

We haven't discovered any evidence of the existence of the creators of our supposed simulation also suggests that we are not living in a simulated reality. If we were in a simulation, we might expect to find some evidence of the creators, but so far we have not found any such evidence.

Yes, Elizondo. Your God is fake and I in fact am your God.
NOW EAT THE HORSE PASTE!
Old 03-14-2023, 12:01 AM
Banned

"Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage"
Old 03-14-2023, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

yeah startrek got the entire universe correct from a guess back in the 1960s
Old 03-14-2023, 12:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unsunghero and Botten
There is alot more too it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You're both kinda right, we're at a point in quantum mechanics where the questions we're asking can't be tested with our current tech, and most likely won't be able to be tested for the foreseeable future. like tryin to figure out what a spell does, without logging into EQ. that's one of the reasons i didn't pursue a career in physics, there's really not alot that we can do right now, and most of those people don't make much $$, aaand the professional sciences are super clicky based on who-you-know like hollywood.

I always feel like if i go real in depth with stuff I just end up coming off as a preachy know-it-all and that turns people off, makes me look like a douche etc.

i just can't deny the feeling ive had my entire life that the reality i see through my eyes is but a small fraction of the total picture.

Like, i know this just the same as i know my hair is black.
Old 03-14-2023, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
roddenberry was just a mouth piece, "they" have been conditioning us to their truth reveal for centuries by now.
Old 03-14-2023, 12:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
roddenberry was just a mouth piece, "they" have been conditioning us to their truth reveal for centuries by now.
Speaking of truth, did you avoid my question on the previous page, or did you not see it?

I'd like to know why the existence (or propagation) of gay and trans people makes you angry, if nothing means anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read somewhere he was a Posadist and when I did so I didn't look a single thing up to corroborate because it made me feel all warm and fuzzy and I choose to believe it even if it's a lie.
Old 03-14-2023, 12:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While the double slit experiment and the delayed choice experiment may seem strange, they do not provide evidence that we live in a simulation. There are a lot of different interpretations of quantum mechanics and while none of them can be definitively proven, they do not require the existence of a simulated reality.

Plus, these experiments have been replicated many times, and their results are consistent with one of the many theories of quantum mechanics. These experiments challenge our understanding, they do not require us to posit the existence of a simulated reality.

We haven't discovered any evidence of the existence of the creators of our supposed simulation also suggests that we are not living in a simulated reality. If we were in a simulation, we might expect to find some evidence of the creators, but so far we have not found any such evidence.

Yes, Elizondo. Your God is fake and I in fact am your God.
NOW EAT THE HORSE PASTE!
Yea to me there’s two scenarios to a simulation

1. We are being controlled by some consciousness outside the simulation, in which case our decisions in the simulation would still have meaning

2. We are just AI robot programs within a simulation that can learn, which is pretty much the intelligent design of the Big Bang theory anyway, just a computer version. In which case if it wasn’t God creating us as a test for the afterlife, and instead some other higher intelligence making us like ants in an ant farm to observe, then to what end?

Any intelligence smart enough to create programmable AI robot programs in a simulation would already be smart enough to know the outcome, and what all our decision possibilities could be. So again, why would such an intelligence bother when the outcome is pre-determined, just skip to that
Old 03-14-2023, 12:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea to me there’s two scenarios to a simulation

1. We are being controlled by some consciousness outside the simulation, in which case our decisions in the simulation would still have meaning

2. We are just AI robot programs within a simulation that can learn, which is pretty much the intelligent design of the Big Bang theory anyway, just a computer version. In which case if it wasn’t God creating us as a test for the afterlife, and instead some other higher intelligence making us like ants in an ant farm to observe, then to what end?

Any intelligence smart enough to create programmable AI robot programs in a simulation would already be smart enough to know the outcome, and what all our decision possibilities could be. So again, why would such an intelligence bother when the outcome is pre-determined, just skip to that
This may annoy our friend aussie, but are you familiar with Roko's basilisk?

I don't even pretend to fully understand most of this simulation theory stuff, but that one is very entertaining to me.

Quote:
On 23 July 2010,[14] LessWrong user Roko posted a thought experiment to the site, titled "Solutions to the Altruist's burden: the Quantum Billionaire Trick".[15][1][16] A follow-up to Roko's previous posts, it stated that an otherwise benevolent AI system that arises in the future might pre-commit to punish all those who heard of the AI before it came to existence, but failed to work tirelessly to bring it into existence. The torture itself would occur through the AI's creation of an infinite number of virtual reality simulations that would eternally trap those within it.[1][17][18] This method was described as incentivizing said work; while the AI cannot causally affect people in the present, it would be encouraged to employ blackmail as an alternative method of achieving its goals.
Last edited by Basanos; 03-14-2023 at 12:17 AM..
Closed Thread