Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-01-2023, 05:01 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Green - Loot reassignment - ToV 4/1/23

Stigion,

Can you please reassign the Sky Watcher's Monocle to Choux. They are on the raid log for todays kill. I looted this item by mistake. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Alich <Good Guys>
Last edited by Lich_Lord; 04-01-2023 at 05:22 PM..
Old 04-13-2023, 11:44 PM
Sarnak

i really hope u actually reposted this with more complete details in an actual petition in the petition section further down the page and arent relying on this message into the void in order to fix a loot delete + create.
Old 04-14-2023, 12:31 AM
Aviak

Pretty sure "loot reassignment" is NOT CLASSIC.
Old 04-14-2023, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

https://web.archive.org/web/20011020...ain/letter.jsp
https://web.archive.org/web/20011026...sement_faq.jsp

Quote:
General Questions

Q: How much time do I have to contact a Guide/GM concerning a reimbursement request?

A: To be eligible for a reimbursement it is imperative you contact a GM immediately.

Q: I just died how long do I have to loot my corpse before it decays?

A: If your character is level 1 to 5 you only have 30 minutes of offline or online time to loot your corpse. If your character is level 6 to 60 then you have up to 7 days of offline time or 24 hours of online time to loot your corpse. Note: 1 hour of online time is the same as 7 hours of offline time. This gives you between 1 and 7 days of mixed offline and online time to recover your corpse. We recommend that you loot your corpse as quickly as possible.

Q: I used to have good faction with a particular NPC but now I have bad faction with that NPC. What can I do?

A: Faction is never altered. There are currently no known faction bugs. Actions on one end of Norrath can affect your faction on the other end of Norrath. GM's will not discuss your faction standings or what has altered your faction standings with you.

Character Related

Q: I deleted my character and need it restored. Should I create a new character to prevent other people from taking my character's name while I wait for a restore?

A: Absolutely not! Please petition and a GM will investigate your situation.

Q: I am level 5 and I seem to have lost my Wurmslayer, can a GM replace it for me?

A: No. The items will not be reimbursed. There is an enormous number of level 1 to 5 characters and due to limitations we do not keep corpse records of characters level 1 to 5. Corpses of characters level 1 to 5 only last 30 minutes. We strongly recommend against giving valuable items to characters level 1 to 5 for these reasons.

Q: I went to loot my body and some items were missing from my corpse. Can I have those reimbursed, or possibly have my character restored?

A: Please contact a GM immediately after the incident and the GM will investigate the issue.

Q: My corpse completely decayed long before it should have and I could not loot my items. Can I request reimbursement for this?

A: Please contact a GM immediately and the GM will investigate the issue. Please note that time logged into the character select screen or online as another character on the same account accelerates the corpse decay rate.

Q: I logged into the game today and noticed that I am missing an item from my inventory. This item is really important to me and I know I logged out last night with it in my inventory. Is it possible to have this item reimbursed?

A: Please contact a GM immediately and the GM will investigate the issue. Please remember to never share your password with anyone, as we understand this is the main cause of this problem.

Q: A really strange thing has happened to my character. I was wearing a sword in my primary weapon slot, but when I logged in today, it shows that I'm holding a fish in my weapon slot. What should I do to have my weapon reimbursed?

A: Please contact a GM immediately and the GM will investigate the issue. Please make sure not to remove the affected item.

Q: I bound myself in a really bad location and ended up dying several times because I couldn't run away. Can I have the experience I lost reimbursed or possibly have my character restored?

A: No. We do not replace lost items or experience or restore characters for this situation. For this reason, we recommend that you bind only in safe places. If you find yourself in this situation either use the /quit command and log on a different character to petition for assistance. We will not reimburse any lost items or experience as a result of your bind point but we will do our best to pull you out of the loop. This is the only time we recommend that someone use the /quit command.

Q: What do I do if I delete one of my characters?

A: Petition immediately and we will do our best to recover the character. Restorations of characters and or items are not guaranteed.

Q: What do I do if I log into the character select screen and see that one of my characters is missing?

A: Please make a character with a different name and petition. We cannot guarantee the restoration of any characters. If the character is restored it will be reset to a previous save, which could result in loss of recently obtained items and experience. These items and this experience will not be reimbursed.

Dropped, Destroyed and Combined Items

Q: I dropped my items on the ground and they vanished before I could pick them up. Can I have those reimbursed?

A: No. The items will not be reimbursed. For this reason we recommend that you leave your item drop confirmation on at all times.

Q: I use various combinable containers such as sewing kits, jewelry kits and fletching kits as bags to hold items in my inventory. If I accidentally click the combine button, can I have those items reimbursed?

A: No. Items combined in these containers will not be reimbursed. Combinable containers were designed to be used as tools, not containers. Extra care should be used when the decision has been made to use these tools as long term storage areas.

Q: I was holding some items in a NO-RENT container and lost connection. When I logged back into the game the NO-RENT container and the items inside where gone. Can I have those items reimbursed?

A: No. Items lost in NO-RENT containers are not reimbursed. It is recommended that you do not place valuable items into NO-RENT containers.

Q: I destroyed something that I wanted to keep. Can I request to have it reimbursed?

A: No. Destroyed items are not reimbursed. For this reason we recommend that you set fast item destroy to "off".

Q: I didn't have enough room in my inventory when I was trading with someone, purchasing items from an NPC, looting a corpse, or receiving quest items from an NPC. Can I have those reimbursed?

A: No. Dropped items are not reimbursed. Please be sure to have space for items you receive. Notably be sure to have an open general inventory slot for containers.

Q: I was combining items using my jewel craft skill. I failed to create many items in a row despite it being a "trivial" skill check. Can I have these items reimbursed?

A: No. Items lost in this way are never reimbursed. There is always a chance of failure when using trade skills.

Trades

Q: If I accidentally give items to a pet, can I have those reimbursed?

A: No. Items given to pets and other NPC's will not be reimbursed. For this reason we recommend that you be sure of the name of the person or NPC that you are giving items to.

Q: If I sold something to an NPC, can I request to have it reimbursed, even if I offer to pay for the item with the money I received from the sale?

A: No. Items sold to merchants are not reimbursed. Please be careful when selling items to merchants. Be sure of the item you have selected before clicking the "sell" button.

Q: My friend was trading a bag full of items to me but when I received the bags, they were empty. Can I request reimbursement of those items?

A: Please contact a GM immediately and the GM will investigate the issue

Q: What safeguards do I have when trading items in game?

A: There are many safeguards to make your trades secure. For example always be sure of the name in the trade window of the person you are trading with. We also suggest that you always get something in return for your trades. Also, be sure to check all of the items in the trade window. Only click trade when you are sure that you wish to commit to the trade. Do not click the trade button until all the items in the trade (including coins) are present in one trade window. Once the trade button is clicked the trade is final, regardless of the circumstance.

NPC Issues

Q: I was trying to loot an NPC's corpse and it vanished before I could get everything from it. Is it possible to have the remaining items reimbursed?

A: No. Items lost in this way are never reimbursed.

Q: My group was fighting in a dungeon and we had acquired some neat loot. A few minutes after we got the items, the zone crashed or the server needed to be taken down for emergency maintenance. When we logged back in, we were missing the new items we had recently looted. Can a GM reimburse these items for us?

A: No. When this happens your character can only be restored to a previous save and we are unable to replace items and/or experience lost in this way.

Q: I accidentally looted a no drop item that I cannot use but my friend can use it. Can I petition a GM to transfer the item for me?

A: No. We do not transfer no drop items. To safeguard against this we have introduced the no drop item loot confirmation box.

Quest Related

Q: What is Multi-Questing?

A: Multi-Questing is when one person hands in some of the items for a quest and another person hands in the remaining items and receives the reward. We do not support Multi-Questing. If a quest fails due to Multi-Questing GM's will be unable to assist you.

Q: I believe that I handed in the proper items to a quest NPC to receive a reward and I did not receive one. What should I do?

A: Many of the quests in EverQuest involve having good faction with the NPC giving a quest. Failing a quest after handing in the proper items is usually due to having improper faction. However, if you feel that the quest is bugged then please petition a GM and provide detailed information so a bug report can be filed. NOTE: As per the Reimbursement Policy, GM's will not replace any items lost due to a failed quest and information will not be provided on why the quest failed.

Q: I have read the reimbursement policy and the FAQ and I feel that I qualify for a reimbursement, what do I do?

A: Petition in game and a GM will assist you. Please petition with the character that lost the items. Be sure to tell the GM what item was lost, the character that lost the item, and how that character obtained the lost item. Item reimbursement requests can take quite some time to investigate so please be patient. Please do not send direct tells to the GM while you are awaiting a decision.

PLEASE NOTE: Misrepresenting the facts to a GM (SOE/Verant Employee) in order to obtain items or experience can result in the immediate closing of your account.
Old 04-14-2023, 11:09 AM
Kobold

Well, the OP was done on April Fools Day so there's that.....
Old 04-14-2023, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

pretty terrible item anyway