Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-24-2024, 10:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a guildy who uses red + flame and seems to do fine, but I think the challenge is that it's ratio of only modestly better than Trident, but it's proc is much worse (100 hate vs 400 or whatever Trident proc is now)
i thought kflame 13/17 = 0.705 has much better ratio than trident 14/22 = 0.636, but i could be wrong
Old 01-24-2024, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

I greatly appreciate the conversation here. The consensus appears to lean towards Trident & Willsapper. As mentioned previously, I am using a Frostbringer in the offhand like many others but am hoping to upgrade at some point. Trident would be great for the 50hp (and obvious proc component). Just gunna have to get lucky and have the right DKP if/when one drops.
Old 01-24-2024, 01:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i thought kflame 13/17 = 0.705 has much better ratio than trident 14/22 = 0.636, but i could be wrong
Fair! My definition of "modestly" may not be what it should be. To me, the question is whether the ratio is so much better that it can make up for the 300 hate/minute difference in procs. I'm sure someone smarter than myself could just math out the answer, but I don't know how /shame!

P.S. sorry if this is a double post! I hit "Submit reply" and my original post seems to have disappeared into the Internet!
Old 01-24-2024, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

flashbacks to old wow raid leader yelling at the dps to sit on their hands for a minute after the pull
Old 01-24-2024, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

The problem with white damage aggro is while it is more reliable in easily controlled scenarios (grouping) it is not a great way to stay alive as a warrior. If you get 4-5 procs in and you see a gap in a CH chain you should turn off auto attack. Missing just one 500+ damage repost is better than any gear you can find. Low delay weapons require you to keep attacking to hold aggro and they only increase the damage you take via repost.
Old 01-25-2024, 03:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with white damage aggro is while it is more reliable in easily controlled scenarios (grouping) it is not a great way to stay alive as a warrior. If you get 4-5 procs in and you see a gap in a CH chain you should turn off auto attack. Missing just one 500+ damage repost is better than any gear you can find. Low delay weapons require you to keep attacking to hold aggro and they only increase the damage you take via repost.
yeah tough to coordinate a CH chain @ 1 second with the 47 clerics that show up for each raid, /facepalm

2024 is amazing
Old 01-26-2024, 04:23 PM
Fire Giant

Too many people assume everything will stay the same on blue when history shows that the server goes through changes and when those changes happen strategies emerge and metas evolve.