Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-14-2023, 01:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nom_fats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
play eq from your treadmill and be less fat
When I was younger I had the idea for an electronic video game gym, where every cardio machine connected to a network to let you compete with others similar to how the peloton and other high end stationary bikes and treadmills work

If I ever got a ton of free capital to waste/lose on an investment I would try it one day
Old 06-14-2023, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^
from the article: “There are numerous reasons for this, including the tech world’s obsession with biohacking and treating the human body like it’s a machine that can be optimized”

- Yeah no shit, you plebs finally get it, only 2 decades late now?
Being jacked actually shortens your lifespan. The more calories you consume the sooner you meet your demise

The twig marathon runners are going to outlive us man. Sorry but it’s true. Either way, once you put on muscle you can’t go back. Otherwise you look like the Michelin man
Old 06-14-2023, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
blows me away that Eugenia Cooney is still alive, entire internet been waiting for her to starve to death for like a decade now.

unrelated image:
Old 06-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being jacked actually shortens your lifespan. The more calories you consume the sooner you meet your demise

The twig marathon runners are going to outlive us man. Sorry but it’s true. Either way, once you put on muscle you can’t go back. Otherwise you look like the Michelin man
Yeah but I’d still rather have my physique than the marathon greatest of all time: Eluid Kipchoge, any day of the week

Dude runs like a gazelle but looks like a holocaust victim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C09F478B-E3F5-4FD1-A1E2-CB5E65ABF40D.jpg (22.8 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-14-2023, 06:46 PM
Banned

^
How fast is Eluid Kipchoge? Could you run as fast for even a short distance?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 06-15-2023, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nom_fats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-15-2023, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
The powerpad didn't take off for a reason
Old 06-15-2023, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^
How fast is Eluid Kipchoge? Could you run as fast for even a short distance?
It's insane. I've always wanted to run 5km (Parkrun) in 20 minutes and got to 20.32 once but I can't imagine doing 1km in his pace.
Old 06-17-2023, 01:04 PM
Banned

Well it was quite an ordeal, quite an adventure yesterday

Humphrey’s peak was a bit of a mean girl this go round. She demanded a lot of sweat and bit of blood. My dad had a 0% chance of making it because of the shitty terrain, and he had to turn around

But I done it, 12,600ft summited. I’ll be posting a longer description of what went wrong and many pics later today because I took a lot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C73E26AE-E72E-492F-9EC3-7ED921C676FB.jpg (15.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 313E3216-5D09-4376-8947-4E8AC33434C5.jpg (20.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-17-2023, 03:58 PM
Banned

Humphrey’s Summit started out on a bad foot with me getting almost no sleep, dunno why I never can sleep well camping these days. Not good for a 5+ mile one way, all uphill at altitude hike with uncertain terrain…

Luckily God at least blessed Dad and I with good weather. But shortly a few miles in we started to see increasing amounts of snow. I was wearing my trail running hiking shoes (not boots) fairly heavily worn from doing a desert mountain multiple times per weekend for almost a year. Dad had heavy hiking boots with amazing tread. Either way, we really still needed crampons or something similar. The snow was melting into an icy slush and slopes sometimes at a 20-30 degree angle. You could step where other people had made depressions with their steps but as I got higher the depressions became smaller and fewer due to more people burning out and turning around. Of the 20ish people I passed only myself and 2 others I saw make the summit

This did not include dad. His newly reconstructed ankle could not handle the lateral movement of sliding down the occasional small snow/drift wall and after a decent fall he had to turn around, leaving me solo. My biggest weakness is lack of direction sense and the trail was as poorly marked and maintained as I had ever seen it. It was incredibly easy to get off trail and of course I eventually did

I went probably 1/8th of a mile in the wrong direction, believing one of Humphrey’s smaller peaks I could see in the distance was the summit, which it wasn’t. When I finally realized this and tried to correct, I was hopelessly lost on a super steep slope of shale that slid as I tried to scramble up it. I almost caused mini rock avalanches down the side of the mountain and stumbled more than once, gashing up my knee and finger and causing my right hand to swell up like a Mickey Mouse glove for the rest of the hike

I called out for others but almost no one was hiking that far, and no one heard me. I circled back, bushwhacking it along a steep slope until finally I found a trail maker. I had come back on the trail much farther down/behind than I had gotten lost, and having expended a HUGE amount of unnecessary energy in my panic, scrambling, and falling. But I still felt like I could finish, time and the weather were still on my side!

So I continued on and ran into a group of people who saw me bloodied and offered bandaids, which I politely declined saying bandaids are for pussies. Then one of the group said is someone yelling “help!”? Sure enough on the wind came spaced out yells of “Help!” and sadly my first thought was relief that it was far too young a voice to be my dad, I had worried he could have a bad fall either coming down or trying to catch me, which considering the terrain he had zero chance to do

But this was a young boy and so my next thought was “ok, summit attempt abandoned, this is now a rescue mission” and began moving out in the direction of the yells yelling back “WHERE ARE YOU?! I CAN’T SEE YOU!” Finally through some back and forth Marco Polo I was able to deduce it was a 14ish yr old boy who had, like me, gotten hopelessly off trail and was about 80yards down a valley below it. Luckily he was not seriously hurt and could eventually follow my voice back to the trail where he met up with his dad. He was shaken up and beat up and needless to say they didn’t finish and turned around

I still wanted to push for the summit but the last 20% was on steep slippery sharp shale-like rock and really taxed me. It was also incredibly windy with no cover and I was freezing my balls off up there. There was an army ammo lockbox with various writings and things inside I had never seen before and photographed some of. Then I had someone there take my pic, and hauled down without incident

Overall, I’m pissed I got lost, I’m pissed at how poorly the trail was marked, and the next time I go I’m bringing the same orange ribbon the natives use (they just used hardly any) to mark the sketchiest and easiest to go off trail sections myself. But I’m thankful that I was able to help someone, didn’t get badly hurt, and finished