Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Do you believe ooc and auction should be returned to zone-only?
YES! I want ooc/auction to be per zone only. 383 52.39%
NO! I want ooc/auction to remain global wide. 348 47.61%
Voters: 731. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Project Manager

I'd say if given the option, we should opt for a classic solution.

There are plenty of other threads about brainstorming other ideas. They didn't turn out well.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

yes, i also agree with a previous poster, i bet the majority of those that want it off are in guilds, or have been on the server awhile.

i don't see what the issue is. if you don't like the spam, turn it off. seems pretty simple. there is a filter for it for a reason.

so, yeah, it'll be a lot of fun when a newbie starts in qeynos, he'll really feel like part of a community talking to the one other person in zone. if that.

makes me think a lot of people don't realize how empty a lot of zones are. if you aren't doing the oasis/unrest/whatever route, you're lucky to see a handful of people in any zone.

i started in qeynos a few weeks ago. i think i've seen 10 people in that time. finally had to beg a ride to freeport today.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Aviak

In my opinion, some of the horrors of classic that weren't directly related to *intentional* game mechanics (i.e. the difficulty of finding a group -- hideous server instability post-patch -- the myriad glitches and bugs folks exploited) are not necessary to replicate.

I think the only thing to fear losing by disabling global chat is the global LFG and LFMing that really makes it easier to get into groups, even if it wasn't classic.

However, afaik the LFG tool does work - I haven't tried the tool that lets you find groups who are LFM or anything, but if that works too, perhaps the channels are totally unnecessary.

Double however, though, the LFG tool wasn't a classic option, either. I wouldn't want to see both global ooc (even if limited) and the LFG tool removed, but going for classic purism would call for it.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

i believe that if there is still a global OOC channel and global auction channel after this, that they should have rules on what is said in the channels. there should be another channel for folks who want to have rediculous discussions pertaining to absolutely nothing in the game for those folks who wish to have those convo's. the population still isn't quite large enough to have zone only ooc and auction... tho the movement to the EC tunnel for auction is intriguing, and only brings it closer to being classic EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Project Manager

. / all lfg

It's not all up in your face like global spamming.

Like I said, our population got up to 715 last night. I don't know how many of you actually played PREKUNARK EQ, but the population is almost there guys. We aren't talking like 3000-4000 online numbers.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Aviak

I suppose I'm arguing for it as a legitimate enhancement, Nil.

That said, if you are willing to leave the LFG tool in the game, I think that's a nice compromise and would concede global chat.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

What about when only 300 people are on?
Old 05-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
. / all lfg

It's not all up in your face like global spamming.

Like I said, our population got up to 715 last night. I don't know how many of you actually played PREKUNARK EQ, but the population is almost there guys. We aren't talking like 3000-4000 online numbers.
Almost there if you compare our peak hours to classics off hours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Kobold

Take it out! Take it out! I'm tired of /shout being used as the zone wide /ooc
-Come at me, Galahad.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost there if you compare our peak hours to classics off hours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I can say that, I'd say I'm fairly proud. Made a classic server with almost the same population, even off hours.
Closed Thread