Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 04:21 AM
Fire Giant

Default 42

Not just the meaning of life. It's also the number of Elder Holgresh I have killed without Holgresh Elder Beads dropping. I've also killed 2 Grand Viziers during this span of time of been killing Holgresh.

Yeah yeah, random generator, unlucky, yeah blah blah. Maybe. But I know quite a few people with similar stories.

I have no proof and no way of proving it.... but my gut tells me the drop is too rare. On live it typically was about a 6 hour camp. I've probably put in 40 hours or so over the past 10 days.

Devs, please take it under consideration.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:52 AM
Aviak

"I haven't been able to get an item to drop. The coding must be broken. Please adjust the drop rate so me, the casual can get the item. Despite the fact that there are already hundreds on the server"
Old 09-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"I haven't been able to get an item to drop. The coding must be broken. Please adjust the drop rate so me, the casual can get the item. Despite the fact that there are already hundreds on the server"
How do you know that there are "hundreds" on the server, and what does this mean? Is it 100? 900? Also, if there is such an abundance, why is the going price in the 50K range?

As for your use of the term "casual" like it's a swear word, it just shows what your mind set is - I'll just leave it at that. But for the record, I've spent two whole nights in the cave and many portions of other nights outside the save. I have not been "casually" camping for the item by any sane definition.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-10-2015, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you know that there are "hundreds" on the server, and what does this mean? Is it 100? 900? Also, if there is such an abundance, why is the going price in the 50K range?
Regarding the price issue, people that camped them to use them aren't selling them so count those out of the market until the price is high enough to justify selling and camping them again. The people that camped them to sell them are highly incentivized to keep prices up. People will keep auctioning the same item at or above the perceived market value for weeks to cash in on the maximum amount leading other people to want the same price range. Otherwise, if you start a race to the bottom, one gets sold below the normal price and the "losing" seller can go right back to their original price.

There is also the perceived future rareness of the item since it will stop dropping in 6+ months keeps the price higher than it would otherwise be.

Quote:
As for your use of the term "casual" like it's a swear word, it just shows what your mind set is - I'll just leave it at that. But for the record, I've spent two whole nights in the cave and many portions of other nights outside the save. I have not been "casually" camping for the item by any sane definition.
Terms like casual and poopsockers are thrown around like candy here. Some people imply negative connotations with it, most use it in fun and embrace whatever their preferred label is and run with it.

Your original post said 40 hours over 10 days. To some people that play here that is casual coming out to an average of 3 hours on weeknights and 8 hours on weekend days. To people that can only log in 5 hours a week, that is hardcore.

As to their drop rates, there have been a number of beta/bug reports related to them:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=202882
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=172958
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=174033
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=158796
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=142219
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=144433
Old 09-10-2015, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

killed 6 the other night in around 2 hours

got beads

RNG sucks for some
Old 09-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Banned

Shit's
Classic
U
Mad?
Old 09-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Aviak

I've seen 3 beads drop with maybe 8 hours total camping. It's all RNG like fungi king, I've seen people go 24hrs and only see one king without a tunic and I've seen 7 tunics drop in 18 hours. Maybe you would have better luck camping something steadier and buying beads if you really need them.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Banned

i got my beads in about 30 mins np working as intended
Old 09-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

I got mine when I turned up at the camp, ez pz.
Closed Thread