Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

Default Enchanter Questions

Hi Everyone!

So the past few days have been great! I really wonder why I never tried an enchanter back in the day because I'm really enjoying it. Way better than Druid and Wizard though my Iksar Warrior was a lot of fun as well. Anyway, I was finally able to find some consistent groups in uguk (shout out to Mushh, Bellil, Woobi, and Fit) and hit lvl26.

Over the past 26 levels, I've been able to save about 1kpp and was wondering what (if anything) I should be spending that money on?

I've got *something* in most gear slots but am still rocking a few pieces of cloth armor. I'm also getting really into Charm solo'ing but without JBoots and a Goblin Click Invis Ring, it's been frustrating at times. I love grouping but sometimes you only have 30 minutes to play so knocking off a few kills solo is the only option.

Should I just buy some low priced gear to fill in where I have cloth/woven or should I suck it up and save up the multiple kpp to buy the charming stuff? I assume camping for low end gear is going to be much easier than trying to get the ring of jboots on my own given all the lvl 60s farming those things?

-Lobus
Old 07-12-2016, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really wonder why I never tried an enchanter back in the day
Camera zoom-out and tab targeting wasn't there back in the day. Two key features for enchanter.

If you want to learn charm soloing, you'll want a Gazughi ring for sure. Jboots isn't as important IMO as so many cool enchanter solo spots are indoors.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

Casters are not really "gear-dependent" I would not buy anything that doesn't specifically have a click-effect. Save your money. Hell I can practically do the same on raids, naked as my level 60 wizard. (Obviously MR would be an issue)
Old 07-12-2016, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

Izmael - If no jboots then what do you suggest for another click item to reset global cooldown?

Renordw - That's what I assumed would be the answer... it's just boring to save up 50-100pp a night hoping to eventually scrape together the many thousands of kpp necessary to get the click items... Especially with spells taking a chunk out every 4 levels...

-L
Old 07-12-2016, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Izmael - If no jboots then what do you suggest for another click item to reset global cooldown?

Renordw - That's what I assumed would be the answer... it's just boring to save up 50-100pp a night hoping to eventually scrape together the many thousands of kpp necessary to get the click items... Especially with spells taking a chunk out every 4 levels...

-L
Rod of insidious glamour is a pretty fun one!
Old 07-12-2016, 12:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Gobby earring is a cheap (or fairly easily farmable) one.

Jboots resets global cooldown even indoors?
Old 07-12-2016, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by renordw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rod of insidious glamour is a pretty fun one!
Ah yeah... I snagged a golden rod while in uguk but the shadowed men in Innothule ganked the shit out of me when I tried to get the other piece... will have to wait till I'm higher level to try that again unless I can find some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gobby earring is a cheap (or fairly easily farmable) one.
What's the full name? I'll look it up! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jboots resets global cooldown even indoors?
Yeah I didn't think about charming much indoors... not a good option then

-Lobus
Old 07-12-2016, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Try to buy cheap charisma gear for every slot you can.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. Spells bouncing is the #1 cause of chanter death. A single resist on mez, lull, or charm can mean your life. (Early breaks on charm are also potentially fatal.) Also, resists waste a lot of mana.

Hp and int are nice, but charisma has a direct effect on the efficiency of your most often used magics.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 07-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This ^ and gobby earring is this.
Closed Thread