Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2022, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0053g0053 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fat tax should be like carbon credits, so I can eat 50lbs of Halloween candy on my CPAP machine but I am measured as a starving Ethiopian.

You wanna buy some of my candy credits?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At first I thought this was u after ur Halloween success.

At least the person pictured can get a sugar coma. Opiates would help them curb appetite tho for sure.
Old 11-02-2022, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is taxing sin like sinful?
It makes a business of it imo. Maybe trafficking?
Old 11-02-2022, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It makes a business of it imo. Maybe trafficking?
Yeah. Monetization is bad. Butt if ur not doing it for profit or fun and are like using that money to save ppl or suffer maybe its ok?

It's too scary for me. I don't think we really should even tho I'm a jerk a lot of the time.
Old 11-02-2022, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. Monetization is bad. Butt if ur not doing it for profit or fun and are like using that money to save ppl or suffer maybe its ok?
And then there's more people needing more things so you need more money to save them.

And you conveniently have a convenient source! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-02-2022, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fat tax is a sin tax and that's mad.
Offering a $$ incentive to stay healthy is about the opposite of a tax

If you really wanted to get evil you could say if you do too much hard drugs or treat your body like shit we stop paying for your health insurance

But I dunno of any civilized country that does that
Last edited by unsunghero; 11-02-2022 at 10:05 PM..
Old 11-02-2022, 10:04 PM
Sarnak

Rewarding people for being healthy is also punishing people for being unhealthy. Who exactly dictates what is healthy?

Old 11-02-2022, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0053g0053 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rewarding people for being healthy is also punishing people for being unhealthy. Who exactly dictates what is healthy?
That’s a stretch. That’s like saying paying an engineer more than a mailman is punishing the mailman. You could apply that to literally anything

Accepting only the best basketball players into the NBA is punishing all the mediocre ones, etc

And vo2max seems to be the best modern indicator of health

“Why Is VO2 Max Important? Your VO2 max shows how well your heart and veins push blood to your muscles and the rest of your body. Knowing your VO2 max can help you measure fitness and heart health improvements over time”
Old 11-02-2022, 10:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s a stretch. That’s like saying paying an engineer more than a mailman is punishing the mailman. You could apply that to literally anything

Accepting only the best basketball players into the NBA is punishing all the mediocre ones, etc

And vo2max seems to be the best modern indicator of health

“Why Is VO2 Max Important? Your VO2 max shows how well your heart and veins push blood to your muscles and the rest of your body. Knowing your VO2 max can help you measure fitness and heart health improvements over time”
Quote:
VO2Max and genetics
VO2Max–a measure of aerobic fitness– is thought to be approximately 50% genetic. At DNAfit, when you get a genetic test done, your DNA report tells us how quickly (and to what magnitude) a person can improve their VO2Max, which is a factor in aerobic fitness.
Ouch >:3 looks like only a select few will receive the credit! I love genetic testing myself. I have elite power lifter genes and a scottish hip, should I get what I can lift in bonus chocolate per year?

Last edited by l0053g0053; 11-02-2022 at 10:27 PM..
Old 11-02-2022, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

hmm yes a genetic hierarchy. definitely let's organize society this way it will only *workout well.

*pun ruefully intended
Old 11-02-2022, 10:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Ouch >:3 looks like only a select few will receive the credit! I love genetic testing myself. I have elite power lifter genes and a scottish hip, should I get what I can lift in bonus chocolate per year?

Ah yea see bodybuilders and power lifters are perfect examples of why you can’t use muscle to fat ratio’s as indicators of health. Most bodybuilders and powerlifters are actually very unhealthy. Just their sheer size alone puts a lot of strain on the heart to oxygenate all that extra tissue

The entire point of the reward is looking at how much the person’s lifestyle is reducing future healthcare costs for the state. It’s really no different than a car insurance company giving a safe driver discount or a credit card giving its user free flier miles. It’s like “you save or make us money, we give you some back”. The money given back is future money saved, in a good setup

With our current setup, a person on Medicaid can thrash the living shit out of their body the state foots they bill no questions asked. The only thing they can’t get is a new organ after destroying theirs, which they still technically CAN, but they’re at the back of the donor list so not really. But if we could grow them new organs in a lab then I guess they could get new organs on the state’s dime as well

Picture if you were checking into a hotel or B&B, or even just renting a house, and the owner said “the rate is $800/mo no matter what, I don’t care what you do to the room/house your rate will never change”. What % of people would not thrash the room? Hella small. That seems to be how healthcare works
Closed Thread