Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-20-2022, 06:14 PM
Banned

I forgot to mention the mage's keyboard is broken and he's playing with a guitar hero controller on a 56k dial up internet connection and his mom keeps picking up the phone and disconnecting him
Old 08-20-2022, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I forgot to mention the mage's keyboard is broken and he's playing with a guitar hero controller on a 56k dial up internet connection and his mom keeps picking up the phone and disconnecting him
You mad, bro?
Old 08-20-2022, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Funny part is a magician probably could play somewhat effectively given similarly awful conditions, minus the disconnects. One of the big strengths of that class is that it's a simple character to operate competently. You could put a 6 year old child on a magician and within a week he'd play it at least at an average level.

Notably I see Shamwowi conspicuously NOT arguing with my own comments that I like #3 enchanter or necromancer better for that particular 4-man group....only that he likes shaman better than magician for it. I hope it stays that way because I don't want to be on my PC 'till 2 AM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Danth
Old 08-20-2022, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny part is a magician probably could play somewhat effectively given similarly awful conditions, minus the disconnects. One of the big strengths of that class is that it's a simple character to operate competently. You could put a 6 year old child on a magician and within a week he'd play it at least at an average level.

Notably I see Shamwowi conspicuously NOT arguing with my own comments that I like #3 enchanter or necromancer better for that particular 4-man group....only that he likes shaman better than magician for it. I hope it stays that way because I don't want to be on my PC 'till 2 AM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Danth
Lol from a raw DPS perspective obviously 3x Enchanters and a Cleric would be superior. However, I have never really seen this group setup, so my fear is it would start to get really risky with multiple Charm breaks. I think I discussed it earlier in the thread. I would love to see a long, multiple hour stream of this setup in a hard area, to see how often problems occur and how well the group can recover.

If it's too risky, I would prefer Shaman/Enchanter/Enchanter/Cleric still. Consistency is often times better than high risk, since the average is what you care about if you are going to be farming or leveling for a decent period of time.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Lots of mobs in Sebilis summon, you have no clue what you're talking about. It's not viable to keep 4 things full-duration disease/epic DoTed anyway in most groups, you will be moving together through different areas or pulling groups of things that die too quickly for the DoT's to have that impact. You can fully DoT up the last MOB in a pull before the group gets to it, but probably not more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know how groups work. You don't. If you knew how groups worked you could do different tactics if you wanted.
You're a clown. There is absolutely nothing you understand about the game better, and by your own admission you play the game less efficiently and productively. You would lose every time if we actually had a contest among the people you try to talk at on the forum, about who could get to 60 fastest in an equal amount of playtime.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of mobs in Sebilis summon, you have no clue what you're talking about. It's not viable to keep 4 things full-duration disease/epic DoTed anyway in most groups, you will be moving together through different areas or pulling groups of things that die too quickly for the DoT's to have that impact. You can fully DoT up the last MOB in a pull before the group gets to it, but probably not more than that.

You're a clown. There is absolutely nothing you understand about the game better, and by your own admission you play the game less efficiently and productively. You would lose every time if we actually had a contest among the people you try to talk at on the forum, about who could get to 60 fastest in an equal amount of playtime.
I didn't say mobs don't summon in Sebilis lol. You don't read. I said a lot of mobs don't summon, which is true. Do you know what you are talking about?

You just post to try and be counter to what I say, regardless of how wrong you actually are[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You still have yet to provide even one shred of evidence for any of your claims. But it's easy to just bullshit when you don't think evidence matters.

I love how you think everybody on P99 is trying to level to 60 in the fastest amount of time. It really shows how biased you are towards your specific view of how you think the game is played (or should be played).
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-20-2022 at 06:31 PM..
Old 08-20-2022, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

You said "most mobs don't summon" (incorrect), in an attempt to make it sound like it's super viable to root rot throughout Sebilis (incorrect), to support your very dumb and desperate attempt to continually make it seem like a Shaman is inherently always better than a Mage.

I wouldn't try to counter what you say for no reason, that's just another dumb straw man line from you. You're simply incorrect about so many things, which everyone needs to constantly try to educate you on, but you continue to refuse.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You said "most mobs don't summon" (incorrect), in an attempt to make it sound like it's super viable to root rot throughout Sebilis (incorrect), to support your very dumb and desperate attempt to continually make it seem like a Shaman is inherently always better than a Mage.

I wouldn't try to counter what you say for no reason, that's just another dumb straw man line from you. You're simply incorrect about so many things, which everyone needs to constantly try to educate you on, but you continue to refuse.
None of that is incorrect, you simply haven't played in Sebilis it seems hehe. Most mobs don't summon in Sebilis. You are going to basically use Fungi King camp as an example, even though Mage's never get used there anyway.

You are just countering what I am saying. That or you really just don't know much. You keep getting stuff wrong but insisting you are right.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol from a raw DPS perspective obviously 3x Enchanters and a Cleric would be superior. However, I have never really seen this group setup, so my fear is it would start to get really risky with multiple Charm breaks. I think I discussed it earlier in the thread. I would love to see a long, multiple hour stream of this setup in a hard area, to see how often problems occur and how well the group can recover.

If it's too risky, I would prefer Shaman/Enchanter/Enchanter/Cleric still. Consistency is often times better than high risk, since the average is what you care about if you are going to be farming or leveling for a decent period of time.
I'm leery of triple-charm as well, hence adding in necromancer. Gives you a very nice spectre pet, feign-rez, access to feign/harmshield-pulling if needed, a decent heal output, a good snare, and still has undead charm in many areas if desired. Magician in particular falls flat on its face against that option, Malo is nice but not THAT nice just on its own. Shaman holds up better but most of its best utility is slightly redundant. It's alright but in this specific case I think the more unique abilities are preferred.
Old 08-20-2022, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm leery of triple-charm as well, hence adding in necromancer. Gives you a very nice spectre pet, feign-rez, access to feign/harmshield-pulling if needed, a decent heal output, a good snare, and still has undead charm in many areas if desired. Magician in particular falls flat on its face against that option, Malo is nice but not THAT nice just on its own. Shaman holds up better but most of its best utility is slightly redundant. It's alright but in this specific case I think the more unique abilities are preferred.
Oh yeah Necros are great too. I would typically take one over a Mage.