Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Why shouldn't the consumers be allowed to "pitch a fit" about perceived obscene prices? We all know once Kedge is more relable then it will be camped and prices will fall in line.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:56 PM
Banned

a) Good luck on Kedge becoming "more reliable"
b) You can't really camp these. First of all, the respawn time itself is very long. Second of all, the named is very rare. Third of all, the shawl itself is a rare drop. And lastly, the mob is borderline impossible to solo. I'm sure it's possible and it's most likely been done, but getting this item solo would be quite a feat. I hit this spawn every PH/named for awhile and all I got was my mage epic piece. I think I got the server first wand, or at least very close to that, and that wasn't until many months after P99 launched.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Fire Giant

think about it this way... if the effort it took for him to get 1 mantle was equal to the effort it takes one necromancer to camp 10 fbss and store them on corpses and sell them over the course of a couple of days, then 100k would not be an unreasonable price.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want you to link me int caster shoulders that are better than these in Kunark (excluding raid targets)
Comparable/arguably better: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=5725 & http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=5747
Old 06-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
think about it this way... if the effort it took for him to get 1 mantle was equal to the effort it takes one necromancer to camp 10 fbss and store them on corpses and sell them over the course of a couple of days, then 100k would not be an unreasonable price.
it's still unreasonable... flayed turmoilskin belts drop VERY rarely and they sell for 1-2k and that's a PoFear drop, how in the hell do you justify these shoulders to be priced 100x more than the belt? You need at least 2 groups to even manage to break in and then it'll take you a couple hours to get the pulls required to down all froggies.

In EQ the OBO was meant to be tagged to an item that's already priced fairly or slightly higher. the seller is well aware that they won't be able to sell the item quickly, thus an OBO means they'd go slightly lower. Slightly lower than 100k is still about 90k too high.

Kedge is broken but not to the extent that many believe. just invis and if you know your way around and you'll be fine.

The PC on the shoulders should be 3-5k tops.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Banned

Dude there's like 1000000x flayed turmoilskin belts on this server compared to squallsurge shawls and that's barely an exaggeration. Back when I played my mage I had a shaman and a cleric belt on alts while the Squallsurge Shawl was like the only upgrade I still didn't have for my main. It's easily in the very top tier of hardest to obtain classic items.

I would buy Squallsurge Shawls at 3-5k plat ALL DAY.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Reiker, I like the two you linked. although they come off lvl 55 mobs(which arent easy) in tech a raid zone. Both of which wont be available when kunark comes out for awhile.

Thaughts:
-Mobs on 8 hour respawn
-Rare chance to spawn
-Rare loot drop
-not easily obtained
-Chances someone is gonna sell best int caster shoulders in the game atm that isnt nodrop/quested/diety specific ect..

- dealing with kedge's BS to actually obtain these. . .Priceless :-)

Anyways the time to obtain these vs If you were to farm plat straight up from guards/giants or items is actually comparable to more or less 50k

Granted there will eventually be more on server, but as of now there aren't many and its not like kedge is a place people love to go and die all day long. When kunark is realease it will be a good 2+ months you start seeing those other shoulders starting to show up seldom.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Banned

Those 2 mobs are easily one-groupable in Kunark.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Sarnak

Skope ObO could mean your best offer? where do you get designating it as a set amount or "slight" variation?

Flayed turmoil skin? Lets think Shm only, limits that class hella alot not to mention there arent a large amount of shm running around finger fuckin fart-holes with 2k shit packed. Unless they are an alt!

To compare a price like that to an item that is all int casters with a wide range of classes. . . really?

PLUS doy uo people really go to wall-mart and start shiting bricks bitching cause of a price or do you walk away and say "I'm not payin that" Good point neach!

So shut that pie eating, fist recepticle you call a mouth.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

So because a Necromance might camp Frenzy for weeks and get 10 FBSS and sell then for 10k each, the rest of us have to come up with 100k or do without the shawl?
Like with many other items once Kunark goes live poeple will find better stuff and these classic items will drop greatly in value, i can wait.
Closed Thread