Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 06-22-2022, 03:55 PM
VIP / Contributor

I sent a PM directly to nilbog, his argument was that XP bonuses exist on red that didn't on blue - and I think that's a fair assessment given that red is basically risk-free leveling.

IMO - if Red is ever shut down, it should be moved to Blue. Or just nix the XP bonus.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 06-22-2022, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sent a PM directly to nilbog, his argument was that XP bonuses exist on red that didn't on blue - and I think that's a fair assessment given that red is basically risk-free leveling.

IMO - if Red is ever shut down, it should be moved to Blue. Or just nix the XP bonus.
If they opened transfers permanently into the future then yes. People would 100% go level alts on red for ez leveling then xfer to blue at 60 or whatever. I think there are easy ways around this. Maybe only allow xfers of characters created prior to a certain date? Or make it a 1 time thing with relatively short notice so people won't abuse the xp bonus. This would allow people to get their pre-existing high lvl chars off a dead server without opening pandoras box of people abusing easy leveling and transferring later.
Old 06-22-2022, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

Transfer people at 10 levels less than there level below 50, 5 levels less above 50

Ez

But also open red 2 and make the whole thing moot.

Or cancel red 2 and change the rules on red 1 while leaving it pvp.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 06-23-2022, 02:54 AM
Fire Giant

Just play your red toons then you dinguses, red still has activity vulak just died last week. OP is trolling, he’s a unemployed never goes outside loser he could make a 55 rogue on blue in less than a week if he wanted to.
Old 06-23-2022, 04:37 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While that may be a fair assessment today, for a large portion of Red's history, risk-free leveling was not the case, especially not in the upper levels. The XP bonus existed partly to encourage play on Red and partly to offset the unique challenge of leveling while constantly at risk.

I never personally agreed with the XP bonus (it is why I quit the server the first time), but I would disagree with the notion that the XP bonus is a good argument for disallowing transfers. Both Red and Blue are flooded with max level characters that makes the XP difference largely irrelevant, and Red does have its own unique challenges that make leveling more difficult even with the XP bonus: a limited item market, very few XP groups, and inconsistent access to ports for easy travel.

Although I enjoyed my time playing on all three p99 servers, including Red, there was a time when I hoped for transfers from Red to Blue to 'rescue' a defunct character. I see the appeal.

I somehow think it's unlikely, though - even if I think the XP argument is a poor one.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loserofgame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never personally agreed with the XP bonus (it is why I quit the server the first time), but I would disagree with the notion that the XP bonus is a good argument for disallowing transfers. Both Red and Blue are flooded with max level characters that makes the XP difference largely irrelevant, and Red does have its own unique challenges that make leveling more difficult even with the XP bonus: a limited item market, very few XP groups, and inconsistent access to ports for easy travel.
not to mention the endless powerlvling that goes on on both servers...

i garantee if u start a toon on blue u will be lvl 50 in no time flat if u just hang around cb>unrest>MM>COM or whatever the spots are
Old 06-23-2022, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

Let red flood blue with uncontested pixels? LOL So you crack heads can mass transfer over and start Rmt and crashing the economy? No thanks.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:24 PM
Banned

ok guys

blue is a dead beta server

red is a dead beta server

the pixels aren't any kind of achievement, that happened in 1999 and 2001

hth

but if u want to feel like u r real cool and are afraid of red players rolling up on blue big *hugs*, wan't a tic tac?
Old 06-23-2022, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

/Hollywood laugh!!
Old 06-23-2022, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONBAIT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell them to make a new pvp server
I would love to see a new red server with a 2 year reset timer. 6 months for each version through velious and then reset it with all characters lost and start over (I do this with hundreds of hours lost all the time in PoE).