Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Aviak

Default What classes are over populated

I played eq from 1999-2003 and thinking of making shaman but if they are overpopulated later in game on server then i dont want to go that route. just looking for a class easy get a group. Only reason im asking I duhno if classes that are needed have changed since classic eq or if a certain class is overpopulated because that class was not over populated in classic and and was easy get a group.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbuslower [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played eq from 1999-2003 and thinking of making shaman but if they are overpopulated later in game on server then i dont want to go that route. just looking for a class easy get a group. Only reason im asking I duhno if classes that are needed have changed since classic eq or if a certain class is overpopulated because that class was not over populated in classic and and was easy get a group.
Play a tank, cleric, or enchanter if you want groups.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaflyIRL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play a rogue, tank, cleric, or enchanter if you want groups.
fix't
Old 08-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Tanks, if they have the equipment, will have a fairly easy time getting a group 10-30 (the only levels I've played a Warrior). On my Warrior, I'd get random tells all the time asking if I was LFG, and if I'd come join a group. I *never* got such tells on my Necro, Druid, or Mage.

The problem with a tank is that even if you do get asked to groups all the time, those few precious times when all the groups seem scarce, you can't really do anything. SKs might not have that issue, but Warriors sure do.

Enchanter's are probably the most over-populated class 50+, but you'll be able to solo effectively and still be loved in groups. But if you have trouble paying attention in groups, just be a healer. The only thing they have to watch is the health pools of everyone and rebuff.

Shaman's are pretty over-populated, but you'll still have a nice balance of soloing / grouping.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Aviak

thanks Im thinking of shaman if still can groups alright since i want to be able solo some only reason im staying away from cleric is be able solo if i need do something. I have a baby but want to be able raid when i get too that point where i can. If shamans are still desirable at 60 for raiding ill go with shaman but if they are overcrowded in guilds ill change class
Old 08-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Aviak

sorry about no pauses im on iphone
Old 08-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

From just over a month ago -
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...2&postcount=25

There are a good number of shaman on the server, but as long as you don't mind solo'ing when you can't find a group they're a fun class. At 60 they're very much desired in exp groups and raids.

Bard, Rogue, and Wizard are the three classes I wish I saw more people playing. Both for exp, and in raids.
Test Server : Tanulie
Old 08-07-2011, 04:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElanoraBryght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There are a good number of shaman on the server, but as long as you don't mind solo'ing when you can't find a group they're a fun class. At 60 they're very much desired in exp groups and raids.

Bard, Rogue, and Wizard are the three classes I wish I saw more people playing. Both for exp, and in raids.
Why wizard?
Old 08-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Aviak

thanks for all the info =)
Old 08-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElanoraBryght [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I sit lfg for hours on my wizard while soloing, and rarely get any tells beyond guildies.
Closed Thread