Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Default Classic EverQuest Fail Posts

This topic is all about posting some of the stupidest stuff you have read online about classic Everquest. Here's one I just found on Allakhazam:

"Im sorry, but someone doesnt know what they are talking about. My warrior can easily out damage a monk that is 3 lvls higher than him. I hit for 50 - 140hp at lvl 31, with critts as high as 223hp, and my atk rating is the same as a lvl 35 monk in my guild. You should reconsider your statment that warriors suck at dealing damage, because I could take aou a monk that is 3 lvls higher than me in a duel, and most monks that I have seen at my lvl dont hit near as hard as I do."

Link: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=154
Old 08-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Sarnak

I love all the aggresive "You must be a goddamned idiot if you don't think ______________"

Insert statement of EQ old wives tale:

-there isn't anti-camp code (there isn't, except one old example that was removed)
-lower cha has an effect on fear (it doesn't)
-opening the halls of testing door trains mobs in (doors were(are?) client side)

etc.

Its harder to find an allakhazam page WITHOUT arrogant misinformation than to find examples.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaflyIRL [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love all the aggresive "You must be a goddamned idiot if you don't think ______________"

Insert statement of EQ old wives tale:

-there isn't anti-camp code (there isn't, except one old example that was removed)
-lower cha has an effect on fear (it doesn't)
-opening the halls of testing door trains mobs in (doors were(are?) client side)

etc.

Its harder to find an allakhazam page WITHOUT arrogant misinformation than to find examples.
I think the funniest thing I have ever read on Allakhazam's was probably around 1999 or so and they were new. They allowed anonymous posting...I was looking up "A Rusty Halberd" and some guy said he got one from one of the Freeport skeles and went out and pwned shit with it, he was bragging about how he was one shotting skeletons and orc pawns with it and claimed it was one of the best two handed weapons in the game...what made it so funny was he was serious about it
Old 08-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Alla page for Shield of Falsehood (early/easy part of shaman epic):

"i bought a shammie off ebay and he has the shield of false hood how do i finish the quest from here?"
Old 08-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alla page for Shield of Falsehood (early/easy part of shaman epic):

"i bought a shammie off ebay and he has the shield of false hood how do i finish the quest from here?"
Lol...im betting he never finished the quest
Old 08-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Everlore had some of the greatest dumb/troll posts about classic eq. Here's a few about trakanon:

Quote:
I have several theories on ways that (might) kill Trak, My highest char is only lvl 24 so I will not be trying this anytime soon.

1. The Wizzy who said he had the 32k dmg spell called it something of scale. What if that was DDvsDragons? It is OF Scale isnt it?

2. Ok about the dragon classes, each is a hybrid of its own. They are all part warrior and have something else in them. Just not all of them players are allowed to be.

3. Has any shamans tryed a potion to help stop the Dot? Its not that impossible if you think of it.

4. Try this method: You get as many wizzies as you can to play "ping pong" with Trak

Anyone back me up here?

Canumar, 9th cleric
Tudum 13th Warrior
Wsalm 24th ranger
Quote:
hi im a mage from povar and the mages in my guild has always been wondering about a way to solo lvl 50+s (gods, dragons, blah blah blah)this was what we came up with.....
if we gave a GHOULBANE, yes a ghoulbane, to our pets, whether necros or mages, and the pet manages to proc as its first attack, wouldnt the creature be killed in one hit? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i know the proc on the ghoulbane is dismiss undead but to those pet users who had their pets use sword of runes, notice how our pets proc the spell meant only for summoned creatures. even if the mob is not a summoned creature it still suffers from the proc.
by the way, mobs dont attack pets until the pets hit or taunt them first even though the the mobs are kos to their masters. (PS this only works if the pet is NOT sitting down)
if this works pet users will RULE VP. just have a full group or necros or mages who have their pets using ghoulbanes.

PS i personally have not tried out this but i intend to once im about 50.i know the chances of the pet proccing as its first attack is very slim, but it does happen.

grysvokz tangram
37 mage
povar server
Quote:
Although i am a very newbie (lvl 9) i have done some reasearch and have decided on the best way to kill him:

1. have the necromancers cast dead man floating on everyone (+70 risist poisin, levitate, see invisable, and water breathing)

2. have the clerics cast endure poisen (or, if there is an upgrade, cast the upgrade) on everone.

3. this is where the necromancer class shines. If what the description of Trakanon is correct (undead dragon) then necros and clerics can do their undead spells, along with DoT and DD. The necro's send in their pets to attack [note: no other tanks are nesecary. this way, his poisen breath will kill the skeletons, and then the necro can simply summon a new one and send him in]

Also, cast Bond of Death on Trakanon, then cast Pact of Shadow on you pet. along with any pet healing spells, buffers, DoT, DD, Trakanon should go down pretty easily.

Plz remember i have only owned this game for a short period of time, and i don't know a lot about what Trakanon can resist and stuff. but it seems like that would work. I would be happy to read any feedback on my idea.

Darklore
Necromancer of the 9th Circle
The Seventh Hammer server
Humble Minion to Valar Tulkas, worshipper of Innoruk
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Closed Thread