Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

Default Zordak Ragefire

Kanras,

I have posted in a new thread because I thought it might be cleaner/easier than bumping the old one. However, Elethia's thread that I refer to throughout can be found here

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...light=ragefire .

I realize that you made some fixes to the Ragefire spawn cycle in this past patch. However, I'm not sure they're working as you'd intended. Or if they are, I'm not sure his current spawn implementation is classic. Either way, I thought I'd bring it to your attention and plead with you to help the server's clerics out.

According to all of the classic evidence in Elethia's Ragefire spawn cycle petition thread, Ragefire should pop 0-72 hours after Naggy dies and then every 23 hours thereafter until the next Naggy spawn. This spawn pattern seemed to receive overwhelming support in Elethia's thread as being the classic spawn mechanic.

You replied to the thread saying only that the Ragefire spawn would be fixed, 0-3 days post-Naggy, multiple spawns possible per Naggy, pending update. Although you never explicitly said it, it seemed that everyone in the thread believed your response to mean the during the next patch (which turned out to be on 2/20) the spawn cycle would be implemented according to the classic evidence presented by Ele and supported (at least anecdotally) by all the clerics in the thread who played classic. Everyone seemed to be under the impression that Ragefire would spawn 0-72 hours after Naggy dies, and that Ragefire would then pop every 23 hours thereafter until the next Naggy spawn.

When Naggy and Ragefire both spawned in one afternoon immediately following the patch (2/20), we all believed that Ragefire's spawn cycle had been fixed to the classic system and that he would be popping roughly once a day for the next week until Naggy respawned (+/- Naggy's variance). However, after being at this camp over 30+ hours between Ragefire pops, I can say with certainty that Ragefire is NOT spawning on the 23 hour schedule we thought was intended. I'm not clear on whether you did modify the Ragefire spawn to ALWAYS be 0-72 hours or if neither half of the spawn cycle fix went in at all. Thus far, it's possible we just got lucky on the first Ragefire and the spawn cycle hasn't changed at all post-patch (seems unlikely, but we won't know for sure unless/until Ragefire takes over 72 hours to spawn).

Was this forgotten, or are we doing it wrong?

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Aviak

afaik the 23 hour theory was just a theory.
If you check eqcleric.gameglow.com and go back around to page 100 in the items/drops section, you can do some deeper research.

Back during the ragefire poopsocks, Elethia and I were both doing independent research in this forum and I don't believe either of us found anything saying "0-23 is spawn time after the initial 0-72".

There were many EQ servers back then, and a lot of the time on eqcleric you had people posting about their early spawns, but no one was rushing to the boards saying " mine popped in 60 hours".

Part of being a cleric on classic was knowing that the initial 0-72 hour spawn(mault's that was 5 hours in post-naggy death) was the best one to have, simply because it was guaranteed you knew in 3 days there would be a Ragefire. The other ones were more vulnerable to server repops, especially if Nagafen had stayed up for a few days after a patch.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Developer

It was forgotten. Right now it's just a repeating 0-72 hour window. Pending update, the window will shorten to an average 23 hours after the first spawn, but there's still going to be variance.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:04 PM
Sarnak

Edit: hadn't seen Kanras' post when I wrote this.
Last edited by Tricky Beverage; 02-23-2012 at 06:25 PM..
Old 02-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

After the first window, is it possible it's just respawning every 3 days? Either that or Emmdano is one extremely unlucky cleric (going on 66 hours now)
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 02-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Sarnak

THANK YOU KANRAS! This will save all of us clerics a sizable amount of time and self-mutilation.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was forgotten. Right now it's just a repeating 0-72 hour window. Pending update, the window will shorten to an average 23 hours after the first spawn, but there's still going to be variance.
72 hours since last kill, no spawn. Is it possible that this was left out altogether and only 1 Ragefire will spawn per naggy?
Old 02-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Sarnak

It's official: it's now been more than 72 hours since the last Ragefire died. We've been here the whole time. So I'm not sure even part of the fix was implemented. Just thought I'd update on the issue.

Thanks again for expressing your intention to fix this, Kanras. Waiting is miserable, but it's reassuring to have some official word.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

The time of death was 9:45 EST so it's been 72.5 hours. I feel very bad for Emmdano who's had to wait 3 days for nothing. Perhaps a dev could spawn a ragefire since at least one should have spawned normally by now.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 02-24-2012, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

This is most unfortunate indeed if the spawn is not actually corrected yet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread