Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Kobold

Default NiNiK's Ragefire

First, and more than anything else, I want to try to express how deeply grateful I am for all the support I've been given in these forums and in game. Reading Amelinda's post this past weekend showed me a whole other side of this server and this community. That rather sobering and disheartening post, coupled with a rushed and most likely misunderstood conversation about this week's Ragefires with Coldblooded of VD, with whom I've never had anything but good dealings in the past, led me to feel like I was deluding myself if I saw the p99 community as anything other than a toxic wasteland. NOT VERY GNOMISH, I KNOW! Don't worry, I've gotten over it. I've gotten over it because so many people came out of the woodwork to remind me why I love this game and the people who play it. So, I thank you. From the bottom of my soso big gnomish heart, I am tanks you.

I needed to say that first, because I don't want anyone to think that I am not grateful. I am more grateful than I can say, to my guildmates who have offered time and again to support me while I camp/click/fight Ragefire, to my friends in IB, TMO, VD, Taken, and BDA who have pledged to help me defeat him, to the old friends who offered to reinstall EQ for just one encounter, to the people who offered to help even though they don't know me at all (!), to Stealin who put so much effort into giving me this opportunity and to putting a fair rotation into play, and finally to Amelinda, who, I've been told, made a special exception to the current restrictions on IB and TMO members just so they could offer their help to me and other clerics in my position. There's no way I can tell you how much all of that means to me. Perhaps some won't believe me, but I can honestly say that it means a thousand times more to me than the epic itself ever could.

So, all that being said, it's hard for me to say this next part. I don't want this next Ragefire. I don't know Emmdano at all; we've never exchanged two words to my knowledge, but I know that he's been here since the last Ragefire died, and I know he couldn't possibly have wanted or foreseen that his Ragefire camp would end up like this. I was here when the last Ragefire died too, and the reason I left was because I realized that I was miserable. As I said in another post in another thread, as NiNIK always says, "Dis is GAME! Iffin you is not havin' fun, den you is doin' it WRONG!" I realized that sitting there clicking against someone else, forcing him to click against me, and forcing my friends in VD to feel like whatever they did they were hurting someone, was NEVER how I wanted to get my epic. I want to camp Ragefire with all the friends who care to join me. I want them to join our Ventrilo, and listen to Rejuvenation sing, and play silly trivia games with Dumesh, and to HAVE FUN.

So, I will wait. It will happen. Sooner or later, I know it will. I hope to see you all there when it does.

LOTSA LOVE AN' COOKIES AN' KNEEHUGS,

NiNiK
Old 02-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Banned

NiNik got guilt tripped =(
Old 02-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

Ninik didnt get guilt tripped, Ninik doesnt want to get caught up in all this shit which I understand.

Huge hugs Ninik, hun you will get yours and very soon.
Banned

I dunno, I think that's a pretty classy response. Not really fair to Emmdano if he really has been waiting there since the last spawn.

Really, I mean, how many 50-60 clerics are there that play? Should probably all be epic by the summer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aviak

I don't blame ya. People here are faking concern for you situation to further their own interests.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

This is exactly why she is respected and cared for because she sees the WHOLE picture not just what benefits her character. There is no "guilt" associated with this, she just seems to be the only one who views there is more to this particular situation than herself and her support wagon. It wouldn't be fair to that other dude who probably isn't a bad guy himself to all of a sudden get steamrolled for this reason... for her not to want to be involved with that isn't a bad thing it proves she is genuinely an upstanding individual.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Kobold

I hope that all the people who have spoken up for NiNiK will help make sure that she gets her epic when her turn comes up in the rotation.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

I will be there. Unless I am at work or sleeping, I suppose. I made a vow to Ninik long ago.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 02-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Fire Giant

I don't remember how many times you rezzed me in SolA when i was stil a young unguilded shaman.

You have my spear.

GREEN: Ineluki - Human Shadow Knight of Inoruuk

lulz
Old 02-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Planar Protector

Ninik's Ragefire will spawn a Barfight. I can't miss that.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Closed Thread