Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 02:43 AM
Kobold

Default Velious timeline?

I know everyone that is a programmer/gm for this server works damn hard, but was just wondering when to expect the release of the 3rd expansion? A lot of different dates and guesses are thrown around but nothing is in stone from what I can tell. My guess would be anywhere from early April to late June but I honestly have no clue.

This post isn't intended to rush anyone but to gauge when my/many others favorite xpac of the game may become available.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:48 AM
Kobold

We have had a rush of new players the past couple months, so honestly wouldn't mind see it being put off so others can join in the higher end game.

But to answer your question, I believe no know knows but pure speculation
Old 02-07-2012, 02:59 AM
Fire Giant

for all intents and purposes, never. Maybe in a rough form in another year if we're insanely lucky.

unless there is a magical team of devs working behind the scenes on velious that no one knows about, i wouldn't expect it any time soon. Velious is far more complex than kunark between the multiple faction, dozens of raid encounters, triggered events, etc.

Almost every raid encounter in kunark was broken to some degree at one point. It took 3-4 patches to get just trakanon right, imagine that x all of ToV, Kael named, Yelinak, Dain, ring war, plane of growth, zlandicar, klandicar, sleepers tomb, wuoshi, etc.

Now imagine the 2 non server admin devs quit this year, at least 1 kunark expansion dev got burned out / pissed and quit, and the server admins have shown decreasing interest in the server for the last 6 months. It's not their job, it's a hobby, people's interests change and velious is a huge, daunting task.

The server is great for what it is, but if you're putting off joining or coming back for velious, don't hold your breath.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:58 AM
Sarnak

August 2013.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Banned

I don't think Velious is impossible or terrible and insane to do. Not to mention there's some "fun" things to get working, which, let's be honest helps progress.

You don't know what's working right out of the box for them just yet.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

I think less content is better right now, keeps the player base closer together.

More content spreads everyone out and zones become wastelands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Velious beta, it's coming later this year.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Banned

i'm going to vote never as well
Old 02-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'm going to vote never as well
+1, with swtor out the devs have mostly gone to that I've only seen nilbog actually working on anything but that was around a month ago from the last update
Old 02-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for all intents and purposes, never. Maybe in a rough form in another year if we're insanely lucky.

unless there is a magical team of devs working behind the scenes on velious that no one knows about, i wouldn't expect it any time soon. Velious is far more complex than kunark between the multiple faction, dozens of raid encounters, triggered events, etc.

Almost every raid encounter in kunark was broken to some degree at one point. It took 3-4 patches to get just trakanon right, imagine that x all of ToV, Kael named, Yelinak, Dain, ring war, plane of growth, zlandicar, klandicar, sleepers tomb, wuoshi, etc.

Now imagine the 2 non server admin devs quit this year, at least 1 kunark expansion dev got burned out / pissed and quit, and the server admins have shown decreasing interest in the server for the last 6 months. It's not their job, it's a hobby, people's interests change and velious is a huge, daunting task.

The server is great for what it is, but if you're putting off joining or coming back for velious, don't hold your breath.
This makes me sad, but I think you're right. I was really surprised when they released epics when they did, because it was so soon after VP and that made so many of the VP items obsolete. If they wanted to keep new content flowing I think they would have waited for 2-3 more months on epics with the theory that Velious would then be coming some months after. Basically it seems to me that the admins/devs have simply gotten lost interest in the server at the moment. I don't blame them; this has probably been way more work than they thought it would be. I can't imagine Rogean enjoys getting woken up the day after his birthday to reset the server.

What I would love to see is a post by Nilbog recruiting more developers.
Closed Thread