Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Large Bat

Smile Just rolled a de enchanter

Hey everyone. I just found out about this server a few days ago and decided to roll a new character with a few friends for old times' sake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My old main used to be a DE Necromancer, but I decided to roll a DE Enchanter this time. I always enjoyed playing my friend's enchanter years ago and definitely enjoy the mezzing aspect of it.

I've been doing a lot of forum reading and a lot of posts suggest stacking STA for most classes, since that seems to be the hardest thing to gear for at higher levels. If I put most of my points into STA instead of INT / CHA, will it make my leveling experience extremely painful as a low-to-mid level enchanter? I imagine most of my early plat will be spent for spells instead of gear, so I'm not sure if my base INT / CHA would be enough to carry me.

I'm only level 3 right now, so any early mistakes are still easily corrected.

Also, looking ahead to where I need to travel to acquire some of my important spells, I noticed a post about Breeze costing a lot more plat and that a fix had been done. Does anyone know if this made it onto the server already?

Thanks for any help!

Looking forward to playing on this server! The community seems great already [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Aviak

I might be travelling around the Neriak area to restock at some point later tonight, I'll throw some plat your way if I see you wandering Nektulos. What's your in-game name? I'm all out of Oracle Robes and lowbie gear, but I can at least give you enough buffer plat to last you until you can start making it reliably on your own.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

i recently started a chanter too... they are tough to start now

nobody group with them till they like 8+ minimum

and if pet do more damage than you.. you lose 75% of the exp.

grind away time.. unless you got twink gear it take forever
Old 02-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Kobold

STA is not the best pick as a chanter; at level 60, you will get 60 HP from putting 25 points in Stamina. Alternatively, you could put it in INT and get around 300 more Mana or put it into CHA and wear some HP gear in place of CHA gear and gain more HP from the switch. STA is recommended for most classes because other caster have a very easy time maxing out INT or WIS and melee can max out their important stats with Shaman buffs by Velious, but it's actually rather hard to max out both INT and CHA while maintaining a solid HP.
I'd recommend splitting all of your starting points between INt and CHA in some form- INT is easier to max out with raid gear but CHA gear is much cheaper to get leveling up so it's really a toss-up.

Breeze is due for a fix next patch; it's been a month since the last patch so we should see the next fairly soon. Anything that you see as "fixed" on the bug forums is always "fixed, pending next patch."
Old 02-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Large Bat

Thanks for the helpful posts!

I'll have to check tonight when I get on (hopefully in an hour or so) to see how I split my stats, but I can see why it makes sense to go mostly INT/CHA... I just wasn't sure if that would be detrimental later on.

That's good to hear about the Breeze fix being in fairly soon. Glad to see that updates are being done so regularly!

My character is named Durafein. Hope to see you all on there sometime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Planar Protector

If the bug was the price of breeze i just bought it 30 mins ago for 20 plat in FV.

unless there some other bug.. im still learning chanter lol.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Banned

It's a terrific question and really shows you know a lot... but yeah, enchanters should go with full INT/CHA (unless you're under 75 AGI in which case buff it to 75 first imo).
Old 02-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Orc

Hey! I just joined as well. Looks like fun again.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Sarnak

My friends and i will be starting tonight as well and playing once in a while, look out for me kagok(shaman), Shinku(necro), and sash(name pending his installation) our monk. Look out for us to group with or if need SoW. Shinku will be a dark elf so ill tell him to look out for you!

Team Tripod

I'd rather be fishing
Old 02-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Orc

baby enchanters! yay!