Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Large Bat

Default State of the Economy: Ingame

Had to throw in the Ingame, or 90% of the people wouldn't look at this post.

Anyone out there think that being how long the server has been up, the prices for items are still obscene? I'm having a hard time believing I'll get to see anything decent in my time playing... Which isn't the sole reason for playing, but at some point everyone expects some level of ability through increased equipment factors.

So, I may just be spitting into the wind on this one... but this cannot create the same feel as Everquest Classic due to the lack of players causing a major disadvantage to proper economy of scale.

CoF sells for a ridiculous price I wont even mention... to be clear, I played EQ for 6 years on live (99-07 * with small breaks) and I never obtained that much on a healthy economy - I have a valid point to assume I'll never get there in here...

Anyone else come to the light of this?
Old 01-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Kobold

people like to hoard plat to sell it to other players via rmt

/coughcough
Old 01-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

lol and there are no money sinks like horses and shit, so people just stock up and stock up and stock up.
i mean yeah this IS Classic EQ,
but people know all the shit people didnt know back then.
there are people who have 1,000,000 pp in their bank, haha
i remember bakc in live when if someone had 100,000 people thought they were hackin.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

All of the "normal" items i.e. the ones you can get with 1 group are very reasonably priced. The ones that are insanely expensive are the god/dragon loot things which obviously are pretty rare. If you want a cloak of flames, join a guild that kills dragons.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Yep basically no money sinks is the issue.

Tinker Bags are about the only one... and they aren't that great of one.

IMO Add Guise to a merchant for 100k or 500k :P. Or something else that is 'fluff' so to speak, IE not ingame power just something fun/cool. That'd be a nice way of eatting up peoples platinum.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Orc

The issue of a moneysink was always an issue in live. The only difference is that players are smarter now than they were on live, so the issue shows itself faster.

You don't want a high-price moneysink that you buy once to solve this problem. You want things that have upkeep costs. That will yield a system with enough negative feedback to be stable.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

armor repairs after death in eq2 and wow were good money sinks, but its not something you can implement on this server without breaking the "classic"

another good money sink in eq2 was the food - it wasn't the stupid stat food that would just in sit on your 1st slot forever (if you keep force feeding yourself with 4 copper muffins) - it was the kind a food that would give you a stat buff/effect only AFTER you eat it for about 15min. This means you had a reason to actually obtain these good foods and constantly consume them
Old 01-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Decaying Skeleton

When it's so easy to make plat on this server, I have no issue with prices as they are. I've been playing a few weeks on here, have a 28 bard, and over 2K plat. NEVER would've happened on live. I remember scraping just to have enough money to buy songs and food on live.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Orc

Just an odd idea, what do you guys think of food that prevents EXP loss on death?

The trick to moneysinks is to find something that makes the game more fun (or makes the game hurt less), but isn't necessary to survive.

The first step to _ANY_ moneysink would be to get buyin from the devs. It is THEIR game, after all, and no deviation from live is acceptable until they buy in. The argument would have to be made that the current economic situation is NOT what it was on live, and that an alteration to the game balance yields a more palatable version of "not quite what it was on live."
Old 01-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO Add Guise to a merchant for 100k or 500k :P.
NOT CLASSIC

but i'd fap to that
Closed Thread